View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote wow, really thought it was necessary to neuter males mostly to prevent the unwanted humping and stuff and going after bitches.
No it is neccessary to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
Your vet is right your boy needs to be reasonably mature physically before he is done & his testicles need to have dropped as it makes the op much easier according to my vet.
gemma1984
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
Quote wow, really thought it was necessary to neuter males mostly to prevent the unwanted humping and stuff and going after bitches.
No it is neccessary to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

I don't have a bitch to worry about , and you'd expect dog owners not wanting thier bitches to get pregnant would have them spayed.
From an embaressment point of view i'm worried unwanted behaviour, but curious if there are any side effects to having it done?

Your vet is right your boy needs to be reasonably mature physically before he is done & his testicles need to have dropped as it makes the op much easier according to my vet.
cool thank!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
A male being neutered isn't going to stop him trying to mate with a bitch in season. I have 2 neutered males - both were neutered before 12 months old. Zane is now 3 1/2 and will try his luck with both my bitches regardless of whether they're in season or not. Yiannis is now 2 1/2 and clearly hasn't got a clue about what to do, even when the bitches are in season.

Yes accidents do happen but as they're so easily resolved, imo there's no such thing as an acidental litter. If the mating in the first place shouldn't have happened then there is no excuse for unwantedunplanned puppies to be born.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3