View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Good luck at the vets tonight with Monty. Know how you feel about them getting stressed Ollie is a real terror and has too be muzzled. Luckily Gorden is on hand at the weekends to come along I couldn't manage it on my own.

I think you will be ok though you say Monty doesn't mind the vets when he goes in. Ollie hates it the minute the vet sticks his/her head round the door showing his disapproval very vocally.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
good luck at the vets, i hope he doesnt get too stressed.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Lots and lots of luck for the vet visit.
x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Vet appointment has now been put back to tomorrow due to the snow. Quite glad really as i just slid my car into a wall at work. Fortunately I was going too slow to do any major damage.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Vet appointment has now been put back to tomorrow due to the snow. Quite glad really as i just slid my car into a wall at work. Fortunately I was going too slow to do any major damage.
Hope you're OK?

Re the muzzle thing, have you got one at home that you can train him with? We bought one for Woody and for months I just put it on and took it off again sporadically, always giving a treat when it came off. He now has no probs with it on.

Also, if you hate seeing him stressed (as I do too), suggest to the vet that you leave the room. This will be easier on both of you as he wont sense your anxiety and you wont have to see him being scared.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Glad you're OK.......

Good Luck at the vets for tomorrow x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Hope you're OK?

Re the muzzle thing, have you got one at home that you can train him with? We bought one for Woody and for months I just put it on and took it off again sporadically, always giving a treat when it came off. He now has no probs with it on.

Also, if you hate seeing him stressed (as I do too), suggest to the vet that you leave the room. This will be easier on both of you as he wont sense your anxiety and you wont have to see him being scared.
See that's the trouble - i also couldn't possibly leave him either!! He'd probably panic more if I left him as well. God, i've raised the most wussy dog ever!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, fingers crossed here that your able to get to the bottom of it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
just caught this thread hun, good luck for tomorrow, im sure it will be fine, as said a full blood works would be a good idea, also having a few cells taken from the lump shouldnt be to much hasstle for the wee man,

big hugs to you both,

has monty got a heart murmur? if so do you know what level, heart murmurs are fairly common in the breed.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
just caught this thread hun, good luck for tomorrow, im sure it will be fine, as said a full blood works would be a good idea, also having a few cells taken from the lump shouldnt be to much hasstle for the wee man,

big hugs to you both,

has monty got a heart murmur? if so do you know what level, heart murmurs are fairly common in the breed.
He had a check up recently and she said his heart was good so no murmur as far as i know.
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »