Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I know what you mean H about knowing your dogs inside and out and I know you know every inch of her better than anyone

I am so pleased to hear she is doing so much better and feeling more like her old self, pheeewww!!!

Also glad to hear SHE did a poo outside (not you) LOL Losos, you made me laugh!!!
Thanks AM Goes with the territory doesn't it, if you don't know them inside out, how can you know when they're off colour like this,mind you, I do go a bit OTT with them!!! Not a bad thing though, as I told my breeder, I'd rather be like this than somebody who couldn't care a less!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I think it's a woman thing H - don't know if it's the same for you, but I always spot if the dogs aren't right way before Sid does.

I'd rather be that way too - at least if you are so in tune to what's normal you can spot trouble before it gets too serious.

Chuffed to pieces Zena is much better - hopefully you can have a more relaxing weekend now xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Great news the house of H is back to normal

Sue
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I think it's a woman thing H - don't know if it's the same for you, but I always spot if the dogs aren't right way before Sid does.

I'd rather be that way too - at least if you are so in tune to what's normal you can spot trouble before it gets too serious.

Chuffed to pieces Zena is much better - hopefully you can have a more relaxing weekend now xx
Oh I am thanks, I'm having a lovely day, getting stuff done that's been waiting months! Yes, I agree, it's definitely a woman thing, like the night I told Dave Georgie "wasn't quite right" and he said I'm being stupid he is fine, so I got some clothes on (it was late, I was in my jim jams!!!!!! ) whisked him off to the vets and he had a temperature of 42 and an enlarged liver, but he had no actual symptoms, just that I KNEW that dog wasn't right!!!

Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Great news the house of H is back to normal

Sue
Thanks Sue, it won't last long, believe me!!! The washing machine is beginning to grate again when it spins, you just wait, it'll pack up Christmas Eve I expect!!!!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

05-12-2009, 07:53 PM
How is Zena today, Helena? I do hope the lovely girl is nearly all better now.

Big hugs to her from me and doggy licks from Loki.

xxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Really happy to hear this H.

Hopefully, no more anxt before Christmas, eh?
xxx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm so pleased Helena to hear that things just might be on the up for you and yours ... I am saying this cautiously, and touching wood all the way as I type !!

It's interesting what you say about intuition about our dogs. A couple of days ago Tai was up on the bed for his morning cuddle (I know, I know, VERY bad discipline!!), when I suddenly said to my husband Tai is not well, I hope to goodness the Giardia is not coming back. Last night, we had my mum staying, and the same old, same old symptoms. The Giardia is back, so 3 more days of Panacur dosing for Tai. At the same time, unbeknown to me, next door's GSD also is displaying the same symptoms, and is equally being dosed accordingly.

I hate to say this, because it makes me sound a very bad mother, but I didn't have such acute instincts with my daughter when she was young.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

I hate to say this, because it makes me sound a very bad mother, but I didn't have such acute instincts with my daughter when she was young.
Aww *hugs* to you it doesn't make you a bad mum at all. I think the saying 'older and wiser' comes into it a lot, we have more experience of life.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Aww *hugs* to you it doesn't make you a bad mum at all. I think the saying 'older and wiser' comes into it a lot, we have more experience of life.
I think I'm just more instinctive with dogs and horses than I am with my own daughter! She's the same, so I suppose at least I can say she's a chip off the old block !!

Certainly the "older" part of your sentence is very true, and I sure have had plenty of experience in my life so far (and I don't mean of the Norty kind ... on that, my lips are sealed !!)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks Rose Lucky, Nikki and Heather

Nikki, we can only learn through our own experiences, and what taught me the most, was having to watch my dear old Cassie suffering on and off with her EPI, let alone the poisoning instinct, plus of course, the horse, coz he had numerous ailments throughout the 20 years I had him, so you just kind of get to be aware, very aware, probably because animals are unable to tell us when they're feeling c*ap, so we have to be in the know, and that only comes with past experience, otherwise, how could you possibly know, but daughters are ok coz they can talk to you! Good luck with Tai, it's always an ongoing thing isn't it, especially under your circumstances!!! All the best with him and thanks for all your advice, I've taken it all onboard!!!

Now, I am very pleased to report this morning, SHE had a normal poo first thing, followed by a softer one which I wasn't too happy about, but that's quite normal on and off for her, and quite honestly Nikki, I am strongly suspecting the giardias back, but I couldn't possibly put her through the 3-day treatment as yet, I've gotta wait until she's 100% healthy again, which looks like it isn't too far off!

She ate a whole cup of kibble in her ball when she realised we couldn't go out coz it was pouring down, and we've just taken them out on a lovely walk, she was full of beans, attacking poor old Georgie coz she wasn't allowed to run around and play with all the other dogs up there this morning. I would have thought another week and I can let her play a bit with one or two dogs on their own, but not run around with a whole group of them like she sometimes does. I'm playing it safe here!!!

I am going to cancel my vet's appointment for tomorrow, coz according to me, all is well, I've just got to let her go through the convalescencing period now, take good care of her, watch what I feed her and see how it goes.

Today I will draft that letter to my awful vets and go down the road to the one I'm thinking of changing over to and see if they will accept my little rascal, but whether or not I change Georgie over will depend upon whether they will prescribe him with a constant supply of daily steroids, coz a let of vets believe you can't leave them on them for life, whereas this current vet says we have no option and I totally agree with them on that, quality as opposed to quantity with Georgie and his skin condition. I couldn't bear to see him spending his final years scratching and chewing again, now that everything has settled down for nearly 18 months, it's all good now with him.

Thanks again guys, I'm sure we'll be fine now, thanks to all your good wishes, hugs, wags, licks and ongoing support.xxxxx Oh I do hope that wasn't the kiss of death there Better watch this space I suppose!!! Nah, we're gonna be just fine xxxxxx
Page 22 of 22 « First < 12 19 20 21 22