Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Claire, sorry I took so long, just came back to look at the gorgeous pics.

The acer is in a pot with ericaceous compost . That's the only special treatment its had. Its watered the same as all the others.
thanks - I must get one!

everything`s taking off now..and so are the blackfly, whitefly & greenfly, caterpillars, snails, slugs, ...let alone the mozzies that attack me every time I go out there. It`s a jungle out there!
this is Daisy and a friend being posers
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Here's my lot one week on Just shows what a bit of sun and rain can do eh

The 3 hanging baskets from the front of the house.

Now this rose has a history. When I was a child and my mum was still alive she planted this rose in our back garden, now that would have been about 1960, mum died in '63 and my dad looked after it. When I lost my dad we took it out of the garden as I didn't have the heart to leave it there, planted in a pot and for a few 2 years nothing happened then last year we had a few buds but they died....look at it this year!!! I cried when I saw that bloom. it's got to be nearly 50 years old and the fragrance on it is wonderful. It's not a hybrid that's why it smell so wonderful.

The back fence

This is my little seat where I sit I made it to remember my Dad.

When they bloom it will be lovely pity they don't last long

another rose, this one I cant remember the name of but it has a lovely smell, not rosey but quite spicy

Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Here's my lot one week on Just shows what a bit of sun and rain can do eh

The 3 hanging baskets from the front of the house.

Now this rose has a history. When I was a child and my mum was still alive she planted this rose in our back garden, now that would have been about 1960, mum died in '63 and my dad looked after it. When I lost my dad we took it out of the garden as I didn't have the heart to leave it there, planted in a pot and for a few 2 years nothing happened then last year we had a few buds but they died....look at it this year!!! I cried when I saw that bloom. it's got to be nearly 50 years old and the fragrance on it is wonderful. It's not a hybrid that's why it smell so wonderful.

The back fence

This is my little seat where I sit I made it to remember my Dad.

When they bloom it will be lovely pity they don't last long

another rose, this one I cant remember the name of but it has a lovely smell, not rosey but quite spicy

Elaine xx
Looking beautiful, I have a ''Dads'' rose it's a climber called Iceburgh always was his favourite.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Lovely gardens shame my Inuit trashed mine and full of pot holes. Great thread
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
This was my garden but this year we have had the conifers taken out and a new fence put around it looks like a building site at the moment but can't wait to get planting next year as we have got to work the soil as the conifers have taken all the goodness out of the ground we want a mixed border but we are planning on a few David Austin shrub roses as they are our passion and as the conifers were on the sunnyside of the garden it will be lovely to look out on flowers

Sue
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Schnauzerbabe View Post
This was my garden but this year we have had the conifers taken out and a new fence put around it looks like a building site at the moment but can't wait to get planting next year as we have got to work the soil as the conifers have taken all the goodness out of the ground we want a mixed border but we are planning on a few David Austin shrub roses as they are our passion and as the conifers were on the sunnyside of the garden it will be lovely to look out on flowers

Sue
It looks beautiful.
I am sure it will be back to its former beauty soon
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
That's lovely I love the way the lawn path draws your eye to the other end

Elaine x
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2009, 08:59 PM
It's not a very big garden about 30 ft long and 20 odd foot wide but we are plantaholics so can't wait to get going on it we have visited David Austin Roses today to see which roses we are going to get to put back in I can't wait...
thanks for the kind words...
Sue
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 05:47 PM
Heres an update on my containers as Elaine says what a difference a drop of rain makes.

Hope hubby remembers to water them while I'm away
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Wow, some fantastic pots of wowies here guys!!

Well, my garden now has all the plants (thanks for the tip off MissE). Our camera is broken though so you'll have to wait for pictures but I am so in love with my herb trough!! I keep going out just to look at it.

How sad am I!! ;o)

Be back soon with some piccies.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >