Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well I sent them a long and detailed e mail explaining exactly what happens when I try to use the feeder. Not only is the clematis suffering but I lost an entire tray of potted on plug plants that had been thriving until they were miracle gro'd. I got a reply this morning saying sorry to hear you're not happy with the product and proceeded to give me directions for use.
The e mail I sent in reponse was a tad more forceful and explained in no uncertain terms what I now expect them to do about it. I shall see what happens.
Maybe I had the last of the vouchers
Keep at 'em, you deserve some recompense I reckon.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 09:48 AM
My plants didn't do as well last year and i used miracle grow compost for the first time to top up my older plants and to put in the new beddings (only used it as i'd asked oh to go get me some more of my usual compost ( J Arthur Bowers usually) the miracle grow was on offer,3 for a tenner so he thouht he was doing me a favour by getting it) I can honestly say i wont be using it again.
Funnily enough its the Clematis's that have suffered most and my Montana variety had just one flower on it last month and still isn't it full leaf So i have added a new Dr ruppel and lady bouchard for this year I am just trying to find a nice one to grow up and over a shed on a north facing wall (any suggestions welcomed )
I took a couple of pics a few days ago of some of the baskets out front,i'm surprised they are flowering so much as they are still quite young,they should look glorious in the summer (didn't get many as i got chatting to the neighbours ) only got a few but will take some more over the weekend
Beautiful plants everone,i do like those silver buckets

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2009, 09:59 AM
They're looking good, mine have burst into life this week out the front with the relentless sunshine we've been having.
Those silver buckets came from Ikea they were pretty cheap I think less than £5 but couldn't swear to it. I just drilled some holes in the bottoms and sides and hung them up.
Have a look at this website for Clematis, I've got a few on order being delivered tomorrow, I'll let you know what condition they arrive in. I'm guessing north facing would be pretty shady.

http://www.taylorsclematis.co.uk/
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the link,will take a look in a sec.I could look at plants all day
Theres no ikea near me so i might have a little nose on ebay They look very handy for a narrow spot and pretty too
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

26-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Before I spotted them in Ikea I had saved this link as I knew exactly what I wanted but couldn't find them anywhere, story of my life actually

http://www.rainbowfloristsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Shop_Vases.html#aSV873
and they are held up using silver spanish rings in the largest size
http://www.spanishrings.com/system/index.htm
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Thank you,
I could go mad on that clematis site.....so many beautiful ones lol,theres a few i have my eye on,you'll have to show us some pics of your when you've got them all potted up
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

28-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Thank you,
I could go mad on that clematis site.....so many beautiful ones lol,theres a few i have my eye on,you'll have to show us some pics of your when you've got them all potted up

Oh I know, I ended up ordering 5 they arrived yesterday in absolutely fab condition, really well packed and about 3' tall with lots of lush foliage. My only complaint and it is very minor was there is no care card attached with a picture so I've had to make my own. Simply cos I'm an old duffer with lots of different clematis and need to read the pruning instructions every single year.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 11:02 AM
The Front

The 2 hanging baskets I got with my £5 club card point from Tesco I doubled up to £10 so cost diddly squat

This is one I made myself.

The Back

Dont know who that is in the back there

First time this year we have had a border as the dogs usually dig them up, so invested in some willow borders here's hoping.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
The Front

The 2 hanging baskets I got with my £5 club card point from Tesco I doubled up to £10 so cost diddly squat

This is one I made myself.

The Back

Dont know who that is in the back there

First time this year we have had a border as the dogs usually dig them up, so invested in some willow borders here's hoping.
Beautiful hun, I love the one you made yourself.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Beautiful hun, I love the one you made yourself.
Thanks Steph the ones in the back I did myself too!!!

Elaine xx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >