Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2018, 09:06 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday. 13th January

Good morning all, still in a lot of pain with my feet and the darn hospital has not supplied my release letter so the doctor cannot supply the right medication. Oh well must have some breakfast, so I can take my medication.

Harvey hope you are not going down with the dreaded lurgy, take it easy.

Have a good day all, Griff hope your mum is better today and takes care. God bless all.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Good afternoon Moyra and anyone who pops in later.
Sorry you’re still not feeling good Moyra. What we need is some decent warm weather to help us as these dark days don’t help at all. My friend kindly gave me the vomiting bug. She caught it from her kids and was affected worse than me. We’d previously eaten out and at first I thought it was food poisoning so kept quiet about it til I heard she’d been affected but our OH’s hadn’t (which we both agreed was a blessing lol)
Saw my GP yesterday about something else and he recommended the flu jab so I accepted. I do like this chap but did have to wait 12 days to see him mind you.
Nothing else to report my end, hope everyone else is ok.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Oh, poor you Twix, feel better soon
Moyra, our hospital give you a form with required drugs, you take that to your gp and the letter follows later...works well
Been to get my dad something for his birthday....bacon and sausage lol, he mentioned it earlier so might as well
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2018, 11:21 PM
Even with the form here, Griff, it takes out doctors a minumum of two weeks to get the prescription sorted.

It wasn't too bad here this morning. Cold but dry and the wind was only gentle so that helped. We always take advantage on days like today because rain is always just around the corner during the winter months.

Picked up my new prescription sunglasses today. Been told I have to wear 'em when the sun shines as have the start of macular degeneration which is a bummer. Hey ho, I can see fine at the moment so hopefully I'll hold onto that sight longer with the glasses.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2018, 11:44 PM
I guess i am very lucky with my current Dr, she is honestly fantastic....sadly she is retiring soon and i am a bit bothered by that...the other Drs at the practice are clueless when it comes to me...only ever want to send me to casualty.
Just watched the new insidious movie...wasn't impressed really, going to watch the new IT one next, no doubt that will be rubbish too
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2018, 12:19 AM
I don't watch a lot of TV (mainly soaps which I complain about every time I watch 'em). So many channels and nothing worth watching. I tend to read a lot. Books hold my attention far better than what's on the box
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2018, 03:30 AM
Hi folks, just noticed the time so thought I better log on before the search party gets put together! lol !
Good to see Moyra back although prescriptions etc., seem hard to organise, just keep plugging on regardless and I'm sure you'll be back to your best before you know it.
I'm with you Chris in preferring a decent book to some of the visual garbage served up by the TV Companies. although I watched a programme about Big Cats on Thursday last and it was absolutely enchanting. There was some rare footage of both snow leopards and Pallas cats that had me quite enthralled, can't wait for next week's episode.
Sounds as though the dreaded lurgy is doing the it's winter rounds - do hope that those afflicted come through it quickly and make good recovery. I tend to stay pretty much OK as long as I don't go down to the towns, up here we tend to have very few visitors, especially in wintertime. It's cold and foreboding in July or August so one can well imagine what it's like now.
I much prefer it when people and their germs stay well away.
Griff - no need to bother when your trusted GP retires, you're on pretty good terms with that vet of yours, change your records over to him, he'll probably have a fair bit more idea than most NHS quacks! lol !
Righty ho! Off to bed for me and the dogs the Mem retired some4 hours or so ago. Goodnight all and bye fer now.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Good morning Gordon, I was up at the same hour as you. Once I’m awake it’s hard to get back to sleep so I’ll be feeling like a zombie by Sunday afternoon.
I watched one soap recently and was appalled at the content given the time it was showing before the watershed and all that.

Given all the germs and leurgies going around I too prefer to become a hermit which would work but it would be antisocial of me to stop friends visiting even if they’re the main culprits for spreading them and I needed to do a bulk shop for dog food last week. Of course everything on 2 legs was coughing and spluttering and I found myself holding my breath when I was in the same airspace!
At last my birds are eating the seeds I bought. Normally I fill the feeders up with sunflower seeds but they were eating me out of house and home so I got ordinary seeds instead so they boycotted that for a while until the sunflower seeds ran out, fussy beggars!