register for free

Dog News

Bulldog died on a Thomas Cook flight

...has received 13 comments (page 2)
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Tbh MM I'm glad that there are airlines that wont allow flat faced breeds to be transported coz I do think that the risk is too great, from what I know they can't be checked on during the flight, and heat or stress can kill these dogs easily, specially if its over a prolonged time, with this dog what happened previous to the flight may, or may not of impacted on what happened, its a shame, but you would of also thought that the risks would of been known before the flight, although I can totally understand not wanting to leave a family member behind, and it would be a tough choice to make, unfornatly in this case the risk and gamble didn't pay off.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
This is so sad. I dont think an apology will make up for the lose of this pet. RIP Buster.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Owning a brachycephalic breed myself, I would be very reluctant to put one on an aircraft carrier at all. They are known for finding heat difficult to cope with and I would be bothered by the fact the temperature could become unbearable for her.

That said, if I HAD to for whatever reason, I would insist on an adequate carrier, with plenty of water and I would want reassured that my dog would be checked on at regular intervals to ensure they are not getting over-heated.

My heart goes out to the poor animal that suffered and his owner. Seems to be grossly negligent of the airline - the dog only had to be kept cool which shouldn't have been difficult.

What a senseless and tragic loss that could have easily been prevented.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2011, 04:31 PM
When this was reported here in Cyprus it was said that the airline employees had added to the dog's distress before the journey by getting it out of its crate to be photographed with it?

BA once lost my dog on a flight to Larnaca. She spent almost 2 days in a crate. I never even got an apology after arguing with them for months. Just refunded my phone call costs and the taxi fare back to the airport to get her when she did turn up. I was told that live animals are 'not priority cargo'. I won't say what I think about that. I will say what on earth is the enormous high 'special handling' fee you have to pay for then?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top