View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm not saying that there isn't anti cm Americans, but merely stating they aren't as hostile about it.
Oh they most certainly can be! I suppose it depends where you're looking because the forum that first brought him to my attention was an American one and they were VERY hostile about him.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Yes I have seen a lot of hostility on you tube regarding these Vids surprisingly most forums are not as passionate as you guys are about the campaign against this guy, most are like 'eh, I could take him or leave him' kind of mentality. Either they are for him or they are not.

Another thing I saw & was interested to see is lots of cm supporting comments as well.
Promethean
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
Yes I have seen a lot of hostility on you tube regarding these Vids surprisingly most forums are not as passionate as you guys are about the campaign against this guy, most are like 'eh, I could take him or leave him' kind of mentality. Either they are for him or they are not.

Another thing I saw & was interested to see is lots of cm supporting comments as well.
No, me. If I see dogdragoness getting beaten, I won't look away pretend it isn't happening. I won't do it for a dog, I won't do it for person.

Millan may not be a 'bad' person, he is probably just ignorant, however what he does IS bad and pretending it's not happening does nothing to ameliorate the situation.

Should, I or my dogs ever need such help, I hope that the people around us don't share your opinion.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You haven`t read the comments on the videos, have you?

Try watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi3ve...eature=related
And people say shock collars don't hurt!! Hear that poor dog yelp.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:34 PM

Possibly because he is based in your country?

I guess we just don;t want him to come over here of have an influence on the training methods people employ.

The UK has (for the most part) moved away from the String 'em up pin 'em down mentality, having someone on TV advocate that kind of behaviour towards dogs is pushing dog training back a stage.

People have moved on - they know SO much more and understand that problems can be dealt with (even severe ones) in ways that are kinder to the dogs and do not suppress their natural behaviour.

JMO.
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:14 PM
That guy is more animal than human I think. How can you justify doing that to dogs? Then he says "see, just there" as if the dog is reacting to something other than him kicking it. That poor bulldog - where were the owners?

And as for it being an entertainment programme, in most of those clips he is teaching the techniques to owners ergo people will see them an assume they can use them. It is so wrong!

Ali x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You haven`t read the comments on the videos, have you?

Try watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi3ve...eature=related
Those poor, poor animals.

It that clip isn't a very good reason for the banning of shock collars and the stopping of CM I don't know what is.

The cat was terrified, the dog was terrified, the owner watched and said nothing, CM kept hitting the damned button.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Those poor, poor animals.

It that clip isn't a very good reason for the banning of shock collars and the stopping of CM I don't know what is.

The cat was terrified, the dog was terrified, the owner watched and said nothing, CM kept hitting the damned button.

My thoughts exactly, the poor cat as well as the dog, are people so desperate to get themselves on TV they let someone treat their pets, like that, in their own home.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Because they don't know any better I guess. I never said that I didn't think what he was doing was right, its not (& yes I have tried shock collars oj myself as an experiment & yes... They hurt like hell & I just had it strapped to my wrist. Can't imagine what it would have felt like if I would have had it on my neck & pressed the button... Yikes & I'm not a wise about pain, I have tattoos.).

Poor cm, I really do feel for him in a way, because he is living in ignorance which hurts not only him but the dogs he works with, have Also noticed that he is rougher with others dogs then his own.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Because they don't know any better I guess. I never said that I didn't think what he was doing was right, its not (& yes I have tried shock collars oj myself as an experiment & yes... They hurt like hell & I just had it strapped to my wrist. Can't imagine what it would have felt like if I would have had it on my neck & pressed the button... Yikes & I'm not a wise about pain, I have tattoos.).

Poor cm, I really do feel for him in a way, because he is living in ignorance which hurts not only him but the dogs he works with, have Also noticed that he is rougher with others dogs then his own.
mm I can understand what you are saying, but as to how ignorant he is of what he is doing
I really am not so sure
enough people have tried to explain to him but he just ignores them

I am glad that lately he did some work with more positive trainers. I hope he does learn better ways to do things

But while there is still access for people to watch and follow his barbaric methods then i will speak out against him
Page 11 of 49 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »