View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 11:46 AM
A word is just a word, it is the intent that turns it into a racist incident. After last series any form of racism, a word or comment was bound to have serious implications and Emily should have been aware of this is. She is after all an intelligent girl.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Just been on the site. Shabnam has had all her clothes and make up removed and has been given some plain clothes and is not allowed to wear any make up or customise her temporary wardrobe. Can`t wait to see what she looks like without all her make up!! Will be funny if she is still like this when the new guy comes in on Friday!!

Muhahahahaha...........
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
For those interested this is the transcript:
http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/b...-emilyout2.php
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
For those interested this is the transcript:
http://www.virginmedia.com/tvradio/b...-emilyout2.php

Ouch Emily!!! sounds like she was trying to be hip and cool and using it whilst with Charley. Backfired big time.......
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Just been on the site. Shabnam has had all her clothes and make up removed and has been given some plain clothes and is not allowed to wear any make up or customise her temporary wardrobe. Can`t wait to see what she looks like without all her make up!! Will be funny if she is still like this when the new guy comes in on Friday!!

Muhahahahaha...........
I don't think she will be happy but like you say it will be interesting to see what she looks like

Did anyone see BB Big Mouth last night? George Galloway presented it and I must say it wasn't bad, it wasn't crude or as mad as when Russell Brand presented it in the past.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2007, 06:04 PM
By the way they have just given out that tonights episode of Big Brother at 10.00 pm on ch 4 will be an extended one and Big Brothers Big Mouth will follow it on ch 4 (not e4 as usual). Two to record into my Sky plus planner.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-06-2007, 06:35 PM
look up '4oD' on google (4 on demand)

You can then watch any CH4 tv on your pc whenever you want. All the big programmes are there !
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
look up '4oD' on google (4 on demand)

You can then watch any CH4 tv on your pc whenever you want. All the big programmes are there !

Thanks for that, I will have a read up on it. :smt023
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Well I was absolutely fuming about this last night, and have made a complaint to ofcom about it.

Emily was foolish, I sympathise with her as she was trying to be cool and hip, it backfired. Channel 4 IMO were right to remove her, however, after she said what she said, Emily stated that she was not the only person to use that word in the house, to which Charley said "no I've used it, but I can because I'm a n****r" Now that in my opinion is completely wrong. Not only that, but then Channel 4 removed one of the two people that have used (Charley admitted to prior use of the word) a racially abusive word. What were the reasons behind their decision to remove one person, and not both, or none. They based their decision purely and simply on the colour of Emily's skin, THAT IS RACIST IN ITSELF. One rule for one, one for another.

Nobody should be allowed to use that word, and anybody who does should be punished, not just white people.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Well I was absolutely fuming about this last night, and have made a complaint to ofcom about it.

Emily was foolish, I sympathise with her as she was trying to be cool and hip, it backfired. Channel 4 IMO were right to remove her, however, after she said what she said, Emily stated that she was not the only person to use that word in the house, to which Charley said "no I've used it, but I can because I'm a n****r" Now that in my opinion is completely wrong. Not only that, but then Channel 4 removed one of the two people that have used (Charley admitted to prior use of the word) a racially abusive word. What were the reasons behind their decision to remove one person, and not both, or none. They based their decision purely and simply on the colour of Emily's skin, THAT IS RACIST IN ITSELF. One rule for one, one for another.

Nobody should be allowed to use that word, and anybody who does should be punished, not just white people.
Well put, There is a whole lot of talk about racial equality but this is far from it.
Page 6 of 38 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »