Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

15-03-2007, 07:33 PM

"Dog Flu"

A report on our local ITV Teletext today that there is a worrying amount of illness among the dogs in West Cumbria.
The symptoms being gastroenteritis, several dogs have needed to go onto 'drips', and one veterinary practice says they have had more than double the usual cases of sickness and diahorea
I cannot see this being just a local problem so thought I'd warn everyone to be on the lookout for any tummy upsets and get their dog to the Vet a.s.a.p. if they have any worries. Kath.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up Kath.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Yes - it is literally where I live that it is most prevalent

I am concerned as it is paramount that I get Marius socialized soon but am nervous of going to areas like the ringcraft class with large numbers of dogs in case he catches something. With him being so young it would affect him very badly.

Because of this I am trying instead to introduce him to quiet dogs on the estate (there aren't many!) - cannot risk him catching it at such a delicate age
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Fudge was at vets tonight with something related to tummy but with no diarrhea. Injections and fluid and back tomorrow........I have been really worried as she only started last night and went down hill so quickly.