Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I have seen a lot of the programs and would say there have been racist overtones not to mention sheer bad manners.

Jade, Danielle and Jo have behaved like silly little girls in a playground I can't imagine why Jade and her mother where bought into the house in the first place or why Jade says she 'sells magazines if there are pictures of her on the cover', how could anyone be remotely interested in such an ill informed ill mannered little girl Someone else should have been given a chance to enter the house .

As for Jade's Mother not even taking the trouble to pronounce Shilpa's name correctly, so ignorant

Jermain, Shilpa, Dirk and Cleo, none of them from this country all put the others to shame!
What gets me the most is, Jade..her moronic boyfriend (who didn't know nor could pronounce embryo) and her mother are NOT celebrities, they are famous for doing NOTHING. Yet they are in their..and talk down to people who are huge stars, once incident was with Ken and the snoring..talking too him as if he was a fool when the man is a film legend!
Oooh it gets on my toes!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I thik the ugly fat retard Jade and her troop are just jealous as Shilpa is a stunning looking girl.

C4 are a disgrace, they are adding fuel to the fire by airing this when it is causing such an outcry BB should be banned or at least cancel this edition of the show..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
got to say i have watched most of the shows, and i don't think it is racist at all. They dislike shilpa because she gives the impression of being above others in the way she talks and acts. She has her own way of getting sympathy ie glasses and wings and i personally don't like her. #

I am not racist and i don't think anyone on big brother has behaved like racists. They just don't like her.

If somebody said to a scottish or irish or welsh person "go back home" would we be mentioning the racist word. I don't think so. I am fed up with people being accused of racism when i personally think we have to be so careful these days.

Also if they are racist why are they not picking on Jermain - he's black (am i allowed to say that). moan over with, each to there own - this is my opinion.
Couldn't have put it better myself!!!!

Another thing, I have now watched 2 people being interviewed who are connected with this Shilma woman, and both of them quoted Jade as saying something like "go back to the slums"!!! Well, I actually watched Jade saying what she DID actually say, and her words were "you ought to go and live in the slums" and this gives a totally different context to her argument. Viz a viz, she actually means "you are so stuck up you silly cow, you don't know what it's like to be living on the poverty line like I have, and you ought to try it sometime and it might bring you down a peg or two"!!!!! That's my opinion on what Jade was actually getting at, and she never, ever actually said to her "go back to the slums".

Like I said before, it's all down to the fact that Jade is jealous of this girl (no matter who she is, what colour, or where she comes from) and she's particularly jealous of her upbringing coz her own mother leaves a lot to be desired doesn't it for a mother!!!!

I'm not on Jade's side by any means, but I have worked in bitchy offices and I've seen it happen so many times before!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I wasn't watching BB until I heard about the racism. I tuned in last night and althought no-one called Shilpa the usual 'p word', I can see the racism. Racism doesn't just mean being overtly prejudiced against another, it's deeper than that. Granted, I knew Shilpa would have problems mainly because she is beautiful, intelligent and basically a lady. Jade and her cronies couldn't be on Shilpa's level even if they tried because you just can't buy class.

As for Danielle, she made a comment, something along the lines of 'she should f off home'. LOLOL That sentence is a classic. So many times I've been told that I should 'go back to where I come from'. It's the same thing. When bb asked her what she meant by that she couldn't explain. How could she repeat what she's said?? She knows as well as most people that racism is wrong but it's still there. People like her don't consider themselves to be racist because they don't go around hurling racial abuse but get them angry or worked up and you will see it.

I know neither channel 4 nor bb will put a stop to it because this is putting ratings through the roof! There will always be backstabbing and bitching in BB and anywhere where there are groups of women but I can see that Shilpa is being picked on because of her culture and her class. I wish I was on that show because there is no way that Jade and her bum chums would be carrying on like that. I feel it for Shilpa.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Good post Tee, kinda puts it all in perspective I think
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I wasn't watching BB until I heard about the racism. I tuned in last night and althought no-one called Shilpa the usual 'p word', I can see the racism. Racism doesn't just mean being overtly prejudiced against another, it's deeper than that. Granted, I knew Shilpa would have problems mainly because she is beautiful, intelligent and basically a lady. Jade and her cronies couldn't be on Shilpa's level even if they tried because you just can't buy class.

As for Danielle, she made a comment, something along the lines of 'she should f off home'. LOLOL That sentence is a classic. So many times I've been told that I should 'go back to where I come from'. It's the same thing. When bb asked her what she meant by that she couldn't explain. How could she repeat what she's said?? She knows as well as most people that racism is wrong but it's still there. People like her don't consider themselves to be racist because they don't go around hurling racial abuse but get them angry or worked up and you will see it.

I know neither channel 4 nor bb will put a stop to it because this is putting ratings through the roof! There will always be backstabbing and bitching in BB and anywhere where there are groups of women but I can see that Shilpa is being picked on because of her culture and her class. I wish I was on that show because there is no way that Jade and her bum chums would be carrying on like that. I feel it for Shilpa.
Excellent post, racism doesn't just have to be blatant name calling to one's face about colour, it is about culture etc too. Prejudice.

Once Jade finds out about the furore she will probably pulll the 'I am of mixed race how can I be racist?' card.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:51 PM
They're pulling all Jade's perfumes off the shelves!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!! It's gonna get worse for her, a lot worse!!!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Excellent post, racism doesn't just have to be blatant name calling to one's face about colour, it is about culture etc too. Prejudice.

Once Jade finds out about the furore she will probably pulll the 'I am of mixed race how can I be racist?' card.
Hahaha! Yep! You know for a fact that as soon as she comes out and realises what's been said, she'll say 'I'm not racist, my dad was mixed race'. Some people are just so ignorant and it is very frustrating.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Jodie marsh was bullied in the show last year and there was no where near as much coverage as there is here, so imo the media are being racist my making out that is worst to bully someone with a differenct colour skin. when bullying is bullying who ever the victim.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Jodie marsh was bullied in the show last year and there was no where near as much coverage as there is here, so imo the media are being racist my making out that is worst to bully someone with a differenct colour skin. when bullying is bullying who ever the victim.
I think the reason the media are covering it to this extent is because of the number of complaints that have been made. I think last night the figure was at 13,000? I read that it was a record number of complaints for any tv show.
Page 5 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »