register for free

Dog News

Cardiff Dogs Home animals treated to Christmas dinner

Pampered pooches have been tucking into a festive feast, courtesy of a dedicated volunteer.

Claire Nash has been dishing up Christmas dinner with all the trimmings for about 30 dogs at Cardiff Dogs Home.

She said: "Everyone deserves to be spoilt at Christmas and I'm happy to share a bit of festive spirit with all the dogs."

Manager Maria Bailie said the dogs got their slap-up treats only after a good long walk.

She added: "It's all dog-friendly food - they [volunteers] take the chicken off the bone and the dogs also get vegetables and potatoes, so it's all good."

Volunteer Ms Nash has dipped into her own pocket to pay for the dinners.

"It is costing me some money but I really don't mind," she said, as one animal charity warned on Tuesday that the number of pets being abandoned in Wales was "alarming".

"It just makes me so sad knowing these dogs won't be curled up in front of a roaring fire being cuddled and petted - so I decided to make Christmas special for them."
Article and some delightful photographs here...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-sou...wales-30588006

Well done Ms Nash - I hope you have a Happy Christmas!

Your comments and views:
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-12-2014, 12:54 PM
That's awesome - nice one Claire (Love he EBT too!)
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Those Christmas dinners in the dog bowls look delicious Hope the dogs enjoy their treat
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-12-2014, 08:46 AM
I would not feed my dogs like that. It's cooked. Cooking kills what dogs need. Also, dogs are not herbivorous or omnivorous. They are carnivores.
All said, I hope the people that thought of this, the people who prepared this, the people who served this, and the people who provided all the ingredients for this delicious looking feast have good karma X7 for this beautiful gesture and labor of love.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top