View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I've read most of the first book, it's nothing more special than other housewife erotic novels.

I think people are reading way too much into it and being a bit hysterical if they think it's abuse with the way their relationship is formed and how they excist together. It's just a fictional book meant to entertain (just read one of the sex scenes and you'll get what I mean, it's nothing like real life..... or have I missed something??? lol).
Anyway lots of people are into dom/sub and light pain so nothing wrong with that either .

If you want a good read, quality book then this is not the book to go for. If you want an alright erotic novel then it might be for you.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
thanks for that will stick them on the wish list.
im 63% into book 2, really enjoying it.

----
back to erotica!
a film the mind boggles. better look out a mac and a whip.
Speaking of erotica, I take it you haven't got to Kvothe's six chapters of faerie sex then?
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Speaking of erotica, I take it you haven't got to Kvothe's six chapters of faerie sex then?
not yet if he utters "oh my" im out!
must admit im going off the Kvothe character a bit. Just finished the bit where he massacred the band of thiefs. What happened to nice Kvothe?
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:23 PM
not yet
must admit im going off the Kvothe character a bit.
WHAT !!! ?....how could you
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure you're ever entirely supposed to like him. Perhaps we're supposed respect him for his perservence, intelligence, quick thinking and wit. But he's always been a liar and a manipulator. That's what I do like about him, that he's not an entirely likeable protagonist but has layers of personality. Everyone has a dark side

Overall I really enjoyed the books but I get a little tired of Dennna and the faerie thing goes on way too long. Still looking forward to book 3 though.

Now we really are hijacking
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Just the way he started murdering those guys, seemed to come out the blue. He did show remorse for the way he used the dead body.
Would the uni not be going aff the heid, if they knew about this?

He has 38% to redeem himself
Chellie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:34 PM
I will always finish every book I start, regardless of how long it takes, even if the book really doesnt interest me, just something that my Dad instilled in me.

All I can say is that it could take me a few years to get to the end of this one cos it is excruciatingly bad (just my opinion, no offence to those that have enjoyed it)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Just the way he started murdering those guys, seemed to come out the blue. He did show remorse for the way he used the dead body.
Would the uni not be going aff the heid, if they knew about this?

He has 38% to redeem himself
He does have a reason for killing them...
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I read the first one on my Kindle a while ago. As someone has said the sex gets old very quickly. I must have liked it in some deep dark recess (oooerrrrrr) because I read the second one but couldn't be bothered with the last one. Just read the author has upgraded from a 350k house to a stylish mansion on the proceeds....sigh.....wish I'd thought of it first.........
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I'm not sure you're ever entirely supposed to like him. Perhaps we're supposed respect him for his perservence, intelligence, quick thinking and wit. But he's always been a liar and a manipulator. That's what I do like about him, that he's not an entirely likeable protagonist but has layers of personality. Everyone has a dark side

Overall I really enjoyed the books but I get a little tired of Dennna and the faerie thing goes on way too long. Still looking forward to book 3 though.

Now we really are hijacking
Despite all his failings Kvothe is right up there with Tyrion, and Druss as one of my favourite characters, he had a pretty crap time of it after his parent's were killed, no wonder he's a bit of a tit at times.

I must admit to not getting his obsession with Denna, I much preferred that other girl that he saves from being burnt. But even then, I don't think any of the female characters are particularly strong.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »