register for free

Dog News

Warning to owners not to throw sticks

...has received 11 comments (page 2)
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Mm well I think I'll have a "duvet day" tomorrow then just to be on the safe side!

Glad the dog is ok now-obviously it had a narrow escape.

A manager at work had a sister-in-law who bought their dog a small ball for a Christmas present and it was too small for the size of dog and it choked to death on Christmas day. We had some of those small squeaky Kong balls that I was advised to hide in my hand when doing heelwork to music with Parker. I threw them out of the dogs' toybox after hearing about this.

I would rather learn from other people's mistakes than hope they wouldn't happen to my dogs and take unnesesary risks.
phila67
New Member!
Male 

26-11-2011, 03:04 PM
I have seen many many injuries to dogs through the throwing of stick. There are many options available that need not cost much money and are guaranteed not to cause injury! Would you allow your child to run across a motorway..no, because you know the likelyhood they will be seriously hurt is very high...is this not exactly the same?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top