Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
No, it wasn't meant in a horrible way AT ALL, it was meant out of adoration to a lot of us WOMEN that we would never stand a chance! Not that we would've anyway.

If you 'knew' JB, you'd know for sure that he wouldn't ever take offence to that comment as he knows that so many women love him (and gay men, and kids, and grannies etc too!).

He is totally wicked at times and has a fantastic sense of humour! Sick at times though, but it doesn't offend me at all. Takes a lot to offend me!

In the past couple of weeks I've been at two of his TTN TV recordings (went to two last year as well) - they are like a show in themselves as you get him entertaining you for about three hours! He sings, dances, tells SO many good stories and has plenty of banter with the audience, some of it a bit rude but, again, neither me (or my Gran) are offended by it in the slightest.

I love him to bits - read his books, been to his concerts, pantos, musical shows, TV recordings etc. I'm a HUGE fan of the Barrowman.

So, to clarify, it wasn't a horrible comment. Just that we wish we could've have a chance! (Well, I do anyway. ).
It's not a very nice thing to say, regardless of how you meant it. How do you think it would make a gay person feel? A waste? A lessor being? Sub standard?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I don't think anyone mentioned him being gay did they? So what is NASTY about saying "what a waste" exactly?
Please don't patronise me SB, we all know it's a common saying (as per Westie's post).
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
It's not a very nice thing to say, regardless of how you meant it. How do you think it would make a gay person feel? A waste? A lessor being? Sub standard?
Bloody hell, Azz, it was a joke! Get a grip. It's only 'cos we're jealous! Did you not read my post at all?

The gay men I know (yes, including JB!) don't give a monkies a*se, they love that they are adored by women (and men!). It certainly doesn't make them feel sub standard. Well, not the ones I know!

If you're a tad easily offended, don't ever go to see JB at his shows! Might make you run for them Welsh hills of yours.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:37 PM
I think I may have to hit you with my handbag...........
Who, me or Azz, SB?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Who, me or Azz, SB?
You Westie!
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:39 PM
No, it wasn't meant in a horrible way AT ALL, it was meant out of adoration to a lot of us WOMEN that we would never stand a chance! Not that we would've anyway.

If you 'knew' JB, you'd know for sure that he wouldn't ever take offence to that comment as he knows that so many women love him (and gay men, and kids, and grannies etc too!).

He is totally wicked at times and has a fantastic sense of humour! Sick at times though, but it doesn't offend me at all. Takes a lot to offend me!

In the past couple of weeks I've been at two of his TTN TV recordings (went to two last year as well) - they are like a show in themselves as you get him entertaining you for about three hours! He sings, dances, tells SO many good stories and has plenty of banter with the audience, some of it a bit rude but, again, neither me (or my Gran) are offended by it in the slightest.

I love him to bits - read his books, been to his concerts, pantos, musical shows, TV recordings etc. I'm a HUGE fan of the Barrowman.

So, to clarify, it wasn't a horrible comment. Just that we wish we could've have a chance! (Well, I do anyway. ).
You truly are his biggest fan Nic. I'm going to get you a T-shirt with 'Mrs John Barrowman' on it

I know what you mean. I have twin girls. One is gay. India sits next to me and says the same when Beyonce comes on TV or she spots a hot girl walking along hand in hand with her boyfriend. Always a wink and 'what a waste'. Nothing nasty directed toward hetrosexuals, just humour

I've just downloaded the first Torchwood episode. Preparing to drool

Take care.

Seoniad.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Please don't patronise me SB, we all know it's a common saying (as per Westie's post).
Oh for heavens sake!

I know many gay guys who I have said this to their face and THEY were not offended and I am sure JB would not be so I do not think you need to take offence on his behalf.

If you feel offended for yourself, that is your choice, people can TAKE offence at absolutely anything and frequently do!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by SibeVibe View Post
You truly are his biggest fan Nic. I'm going to get you a T-shirt with 'Mrs John Barrowman' on it

I know what you mean. I have twin girls. One is gay. India sits next to me and says the same when Beyonce comes on TV or she spots a hot girl walking along hand in hand with her boyfriend. Always a wink and 'what a waste'. Nothing nasty directed toward hetrosexuals, just humour

I've just downloaded the first Torchwood episode. Preparing to drool

Take care.

Seoniad.

Could not have said it better myself!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh for heavens sake!

I know many gay guys who I have said this to their face and THEY were not offended and I am sure JB would not be so I do not think you need to take offence on his behalf.

If you feel offended for yourself, that is your choice, people can TAKE offence at absolutely anything and frequently do!
Same here, totally agree.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Bloody hell, Azz, it was a joke! Get a grip. It's only 'cos we're jealous! Did you not read my post at all?

The gay men I know (yes, including JB!) don't give a monkies a*se, they love that they are adored by women (and men!). It certainly doesn't make them feel sub standard. Well, not the ones I know!

If you're a tad easily offended, don't ever go to see JB at his shows! Might make you run for them Welsh hills of yours.
There's nothing wrong with 'adoring' him Westie - but why do you have to say he is a 'waste'? I just don't get it
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »