Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wickerman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-12-2010, 06:54 PM

Best uk place for a dog friendly holiday

anyone any good ideas for a great holiday spot where you can take your dogs the best we have found is the north west
highlands of scotland or the western isles
Will
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
We got to Yorkshire, a small place called Beckhole, beautiful if you like walking. It's a short walk to Goathland where Heartbeat was filmed and everywhere is very dog friendly
rw3272
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Keswick in the lakes is very dog-freindly, several shops and pubs allow dogs in.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Definately Scotland, the higher the better! we go twice a year with our 2 dogs, sometimes we walk for days and don't bump into anyone , oh except deer etc..

Seriously, soooo dog friendly, much better than the lakes...and definately better than down south - dog ban on beaches???!!! Never a dog banned anywhere in Scotland, and the best scenery in the UK. We hire a cottage, there are so many beautiful dog friendly, quaint, clean and smart ones to hire.

We use cottages4you.com and have never been disappointed
wickerman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-12-2010, 11:26 PM
i couldnt agree more for the last few years we have gone to harris took the ferry from uig on skye to tarbert and its just so free we take a cottage and just love it luskentyre beach is the rival of any in the world and no one but ourselves and our dogs to enjoy the miles of golden sands the lovely sea on one hand majestic mountains on the other mmmmmm wish i was ther now
Will
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 09:00 AM
There are some great places in wales too. For a great dog friendly hotel break I recommend craig y nos castle was superb! They didn't even flinch at my three large dogs in the hotel room and had a dog friendly lounge area in the hotel proper as well as fabulous walks just at the bottom of the garden!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 10:14 AM
quite a few people from another forum i know have been to a place near Pendine in Carmarthenshire (a farm 10 miles from pendine beach)

only restriction in the cottage is the dogs arent allowed ON the bed but thats it!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Dumpledale Farm in South wales cant fault it at all
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Definately Scotland, the higher the better! we go twice a year with our 2 dogs, sometimes we walk for days and don't bump into anyone , oh except deer etc..

Seriously, soooo dog friendly, much better than the lakes...and definately better than down south - dog ban on beaches???!!! Never a dog banned anywhere in Scotland, and the best scenery in the UK. We hire a cottage, there are so many beautiful dog friendly, quaint, clean and smart ones to hire.

We use cottages4you.com and have never been disappointed
Where exactly do you go? I want to rent a cottage in an area do remote that I can let Cain off lead without a high probability of bumping into people
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
We like a little cottage we found in the Galloway forest, called Curleywee Cottage. Cottages4you used to do the bookings but the new owners of the pub, House o'thehill, next door that own the cottage, have started to deal with the bookings themselves. And dogs can go in the pub.

We also go to St Just in Penwith, in Cornwall, to Lebanon cottage, but the beaches do have a ban on dogs from May onwards.

Just booked a week in a cottage near Berwick-unon-Tweed for next September, but not been there but looks good.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >