View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Loved, loved, LOVED Aiden. The best by far IMO and he has my vote tonight.

Also thought Matt was brilliant and dare I say it, I even liked Cher's performance.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Loved, loved, LOVED Aiden. The best by far IMO and he has my vote tonight.

Also thought Matt was brilliant and dare I say it, I even liked Cher's performance.

Same here !
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Wow, what a first live finals week that was!!

My personal favourites were Mary, Aiden, Matt and Cher. My absolute favourite for the wrong reasons was Wagner!! He may not have the vocals but that was bloody entertaining in the sense that I can't wait to see what he'll do next!!

I wasn't impressed at all by Katie, there's a reason Queen songs don't get covered very often and that's because it's pretty hard to do them justice and i thought she sounded like kareoke on saturday night at best. I also think Cheryl played safe and chose a song that, let's face it, most people know the words to and that hopefully even Katie couldn't forget the words to!

I thought Simon was overly complimentary to Cheryl's acts tonight as well so maybe she's given him the riot act for the drama that's gone on this week in regards to Gamu.

My prediction for the two acts to go tomorrow night is Belle Ami and John.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Aidan Grimshaw.......the biggest surprise of the night for me....the only one apart form Matt who gave me goosebumps......
Me too. I was so pleased that they didn't try to turn Matt into another James Morrison/David Grey etc just because he has the looks and the voice. So nice to see him doing something different and what a vocal range!

Aiden is incredible. He is an absolute star and reminds me of the oddness, yet talent of David Bowie. Gorgeous and cannot wait to see more.

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Wow, what a first live finals week that was!!

My personal favourites were Mary, Aiden, Matt and Cher. My absolute favourite for the wrong reasons was Wagner!! He may not have the vocals but that was bloody entertaining in the sense that I can't wait to see what he'll do next!!

I wasn't impressed at all by Katie, there's a reason Queen songs don't get covered very often and that's because it's pretty hard to do them justice and i thought she sounded like kareoke on saturday night at best. I also think Cheryl played safe and chose a song that, let's face it, most people know the words to and that hopefully even Katie couldn't forget the words to!

I thought Simon was overly complimentary to Cheryl's acts tonight as well so maybe she's given him the riot act for the drama that's gone on this week in regards to Gamu.

Totally agree. It was cringeworthy!

I also enjoyed FYD.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-10-2010, 06:29 AM

..are two acts going? ..
...if so thank goodness, with so many acts the programme seemed never ending .

I am sick of the audience being allowed to make so much noise they even do it when the judges are speaking, it's so rude.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2010, 06:57 AM
I thought they were all pretty ordinary and was dissappointed.

I really like Rebecca but fear she will always be given the wrong songs..

Cher makes me cringe but I can't stop watching her,,,,lol

No idea who could go could be anybody but rebecca matt or the guy who sung mad world.....

can't wait!!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Cher is dreadful. She has a good rapping voice, but she can't sing for toffee!

I was very disappointed in how they've marketed Rebecca, but I guess they're trying to win it for Cher so talent is once again not the ruling issue.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
..are two acts going? ..
...if so thank goodness, with so many acts the programme seemed never ending .

I am sick of the audience being allowed to make so much noise they even do it when the judges are speaking, it's so rude.
Yep two acts out tonight as they've got more to whittle down this year!

I know what you mean about the audience as well - I wish they'd shut up when the judges are talking.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2010, 01:36 PM
last nights show was brill

i want Cher or Aiden to win... i dont think it is fair the stick Cher has been getting, she did great in her first two auditions... big deal she had a sore throat in the last one. s*** happens, and she had already proved she could sing so she earned her place on the show. last nights performance proved that. and Aiden, was just... WOW!

i wanted Gamu in the live shows, but i think coz of all the visa stuff, thats why she wasnt. i hate Katie! oh, and Storm, cant stand him!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2010, 06:33 AM
So GHD and Nicole gone

Nicole looked astonished.

And katie in the bottom three........................

and on and on it goes
Page 5 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »