View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2010, 11:37 AM
The only ones I like are 1 Direction. Don't think much of the contestants this year, they're preety poor when it comes to talent in my opinion.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Girl groups never seem to do well on the X-Factor for some reason. I think a big proportion of voters on the show are young girls and they have a tendancy to vote for the boys.
Actually the girls watch but don't really vote that much, not from listening to my daughters friends etc.. The ones who go through are normally those that appeal to more of a mass market such as Leona.The youngsters all seem to like Cher as she is more contemporary.

I just wonder seeing as all 5 girls have great voices and we have not had one do well for a while that this might be the year.......
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Actually the girls watch but don't really vote that much, not from listening to my daughters friends etc.. The ones who go through are normally those that appeal to more of a mass market such as Leona.The youngsters all seem to like Cher as she is more contemporary.

I just wonder seeing as all 5 girls have great voices and we have not had one do well for a while that this might be the year.......
I guess we'll wait and see.

Likewise with what happens with the likes of Cher. If she performs well, then I agree she is going to have the backing of a lot of young people. If she doesn't perform well then I don't think she will last long on the show at all.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm looking forward to X Factor tonight and tomorrow night.

By the way ...... Joe Mcelderry sings his new single "Ambitions" on the show Sunday.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by josshun View Post
oh i so agree with you sharon osbourne is fantastic and more qualifide than danni or cheril bring back sharon and her book's are a hoot to read
I do like her on a personal level, even though I'm aware many don't. However professionally, which this show is meant to be judged and ran by, the point is she's much more qualified to judge and mentor then Danni (who I do dislike, and feel has little contributions to the industry) and Cheryl (Who I do quite like) as the point of the show was to be mentored and judged by a top manager of varying genres, to then be managed by them if you won, to work with the real captains of industry..people slate Mrs.O for being just the wife of Ozzy, but anyone with knowledge of the rock/heavy metal scene of the last forty years will get she is the captain of her industry

Am interested to see tonight's show, I do like Rebecca but think they are going to slaughter her talent and try and package it to make it more marketable when it's her RAW talent that is what's appealing. Liked Cher Lloyd a lot in the first interview, she's gone from bad to bad since then and unfortunately I feel her and Kate will at least be in the final as they are extremely marketable, and both seem to the kind to let themselves be shadow managed through the contest, every action from singing to p.r pre planned to get more and more of a strong fanbase, totally untrue to themselves. It's happened numerous times with mediocre artists who've gone onto win, Steve Brookestein is always one that sticks out from series 1. Average singer, pub style at best, who was shadow managed into portraying this humble, innocent man who's worked so hard,talking as someone who had a relative work on the production team for the show in the early days, he was anything BUT that but Steve was easy to market. The show is a stereotype of the industry now sadly, all cloak and daggers and everything preplannedto get someone to where they want too be. The organic factor which made the show so appealing initally has sadly been lost, and is now easily symbolised by the devestaingly shiny sheen that has replaced what used to be Miss. Minogue's skin upon her forehead and general face; exceedingly fake looking with a distasteful shine too it! The x factor and current industry nailed in one!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Might turn the sound of when joe sings ha ha

Looking forward to x factor as well.....hoping Cher makes a right mess of it......
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Aidan Grimshaw.......the biggest surprise of the night for me....the only one apart form Matt who gave me goosebumps......
LittleOscar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I thought the song choices were a bit flat. I loved storm doing starship...fab song but I'm a real rock chick anyway. Hope next week is more up tempo
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
liked cher, john, mary and trayc although how many times can you hear you are the next up and coming popstar
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I think this year is the best yet, very diverse and exciting. Loved Matt, Rebecca, cher and Aiden....that boy gave me the shivers
Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »