Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 07:38 PM

from classifieds

I always scan the classifieds... Just a habit... every now and then an ad comes up that gets me worried.. At the moment there is one advert that has been in the paper for the last three weeks advertising

Lhasa apso pups.. Also some cairne terrier pups ready now, excellent pedigrees... Its the wording that's weird.. 'Also some Cairn terriers'... like they were a surprise or an afterthought, but it's not that advert that made me want to post on here it's this one....

Rottweiler bitch 12 months old and American Bull mastiff 8 months old £400 the pair or will sell separately...

That's a lot of dog to suddenly realise you can't keep any more... Really makes you wonder... made me wonder anyway
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:02 PM
You never know they might have to be rehoming their dogs because they haven't got enough money, as you say thats a lot of dog, if they can't afford to feed them properly they might have to rehome the dogs. Espcially with loads of people loosing jobs, you don't know how if they have any children they are having to feed aswell, if there is only one parent in the family working or if they are on benefits as both have no jobs, I think in times like this there will be more adult dogs being rehomed.

I think that many people with big families are going to suffer the most, and as you don't know the circumstances of the Rottweiler and American Bull mastiff you never know why they are being rehomed, but like me are just thinking of reasons
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I think you're probably right Chaz, this may be just the tip of the iceburg and we'll see more and more of these adverts. All dogs are a strain on the resources, and big breed dogs like these are more expensive than most!

I hope these two land on their feet
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I do wish them the best, and like you say I think that this is just the tip of the ice berg, its going to be so horrible if it gets worse, I know that a lot of vets are all ready having to put down horses that are perfectly healthy as there is no money to care for them because no one can afford them, its such a shame that the animals are suffering and are going to suffer because of the state of the country at the moment, I hope that it all passes very quickly though with miminal damage done to any animals, but that might be asking too much.