Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 12:13 PM

Dog banned from eating curry

I read this a few months back and never got round to posting it. I am just glad when Jake has some as a treat it's delivered.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....m_eating_curry
A CURRY-MAD dog has been banned from his favourite food after wolfing down too much of the spicy stuff.

Chorlton pooch Dante has such a taste for tandoori that he refuses to eat dog food and regularly turns up outside takeaways and restaurants begging for leftovers.

Now vets have told his owner Pauline Rawsterne to put him on a strict no-curry diet because it has given him a tummy problem.

Thankfully for 11-year-old Dante, he has been saved from pet purgatory after a takeaway stepped in and offered to create a healthy version of his favourite dish that suits his new diet. Pauline, 48, of Chorlton Green, said Dante got a taste for curry when a former lodger started to feed him leftovers from takeaways.

Since then Dante has turned his nose up at regular dog food and often escapes to try his luck outside nearby curry houses.

Pauline said: "I've started giving him different dog food that's a bit tastier but nothing can compare with curries as far as Dante's concerned.

"Whenever I leave the door open he is away looking for more. He particularly likes Beech Road and the takeaways around Chorlton Cross on a Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. He gets quite annoyed and starts to sulks if I give him normal dog food."

Sadly, a trip to the vets led to a diagnosis of a bowel disorder that looked set to bring an end to the mongrel's curry-eating days.

Pauline said: "The vet has now ordered him to stay away from takeaways and told me to put him on rather bland dog food.

"I've also been advised to put a muzzle on him on the off-chance he might try to snaffle leftovers he finds on the street."

She also put Dante on a fitness regime to get him down to size because of the pounds he had put due to his unhealthy diet.

"He's in good shape now - he even comes out with me on my bike rides," Pauline said.

Luckily for Dante, Mohammed Asdar Ali took pity on him and created a healthy chicken balti which will not inflame the dog's tummy problems.

Ali said: "No curry-lover should be deprived of their favourite food, so we came up with something that Dante can enjoy without giving himself any more health problems."
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh bless!!!! How great someone designed a tummy friendly curry for him!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 12:31 PM
why did they leave the door open?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
why did they leave the door open?
Maybe its when the open it to let the dog do its business not expecting it to do one, I know with Storm he could find his way out of a "secure" garden. I know I leave my back door open so they can trot in and out.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I'll be honest although a "funny" story and it shows that people will do nice things for dogs ie the adjusted balti, but the first thought into my head was why is the dog allowed to wander about to get to the takeaways till I saw the owner said the dog escapes, surely if a dog is a regular escapee you would secure your garden or make some sort of adjustments in the home to prevent this? I have 4 dogs that would escape on a regular basis if I didnt take precautions.

mo
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I'll be honest although a "funny" story and it shows that people will do nice things for dogs ie the adjusted balti, but the first thought into my head was why is the dog allowed to wander about to get to the takeaways till I saw the owner said the dog escapes, surely if a dog is a regular escapee you would secure your garden or make some sort of adjustments in the home to prevent this? I have 4 dogs that would escape on a regular basis if I didnt take precautions.

mo
I would never criticise anyone for a dog escaping, as some are just experts, Storm would often escape from out garden, it was "secure" and the others have never done it before or since. I wouldnt go off this story as it does not go into great detail.

I did post it as a good dog story and not wishing to start a debate. I just think with all the storys about dogs being mis-treated its nice to see someone doing something nice.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Lovely story
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I would never criticise anyone for a dog escaping, as some are just experts, Storm would often escape from out garden, it was "secure" and the others have never done it before or since. I wouldnt go off this story as it does not go into great detail.

I did post it as a good dog story and not wishing to start a debate. I just think with all the storys about dogs being mis-treated its nice to see someone doing something nice.

stormy wasnt trying to start a debate I did say it was a funny story, but I posted what I actually thought on reading it, not a big deal just my opinion on the subject. I guess next time I should just read things and keep my thoughts to myself

mo
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
stormy wasnt trying to start a debate I did say it was a funny story, but I posted what I actually thought on reading it, not a big deal just my opinion on the subject. I guess next time I should just read things and keep my thoughts to myself

mo
No I agree, it did cross my mind, that pargraph was not aimed at you. More just making myself clear
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Aw lovely story and how nice to make a curry for a dog
Jamie has never had curry (we don't have takeaways!) he prefers cotton wool that has ear wax on it!!:smt078
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >