Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 05:41 PM

Some help please with downloading music

Well, you probably won't believe this, but I've never downloaded any music, I always just buy my cd's!!! I've been onmy aol free downloads and everytime the box comes up with the security thingy either to cancel or install now, and I don't want to just install I always save everything, or save to disc, and then when I cancel that it comes up with the error page! Grrrr.

Now, can somebody please tell me where to go to get some FREE music to download, say 70's stuff, Take That, Amy Whitehouse I like too, etc. etc. Anywhere that's safe if I've just got to install it straight away on the pc please!

I also have media centre on this puter, so maybe I can chuck it straight in there? Somehow? Don'tknow how though? What about Media Player, can I put it straight in there somehow??? Oh dear, I've never done this before, Imust sound like a right knob!!!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi Helen, like you downloading music is a fairly new thing for me and my son told me to download Limewire it is very easy to use once you have it downloaded. You just click on search audio and then put in the artist or the name of the tune or both and it comes up with loads of options and it will find all kinds of music 60`s and up to date music. I sit at the computer singing my head off and bumping up and down on the chair in time to the music. Once you have downloaded it, it stays in your Library on Limewire and you can keep playing it time and time again until you delete it.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
lol.......join the club, I've never done it either !!

I've asked people before and was given the names of a few sites (Bearshare and Limewire), but they came along with unwanted hidden trojans too, so I took it all off, and haven't dare try anything again.

I'd be interested in this info too
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Katie, I'l try that one then It's a bit of a minefield isn't it!!!

Just that I've always used the DVD player in the lounge, but now we've got a table in the dining room where the pc is, I might as well use the pc in that room to play some music!!

Oh dear, if you don't see me again, you know I've got Trojans and all sorts then!!! At the moment I'm having trouble putting the blooming batteries in this keyboard, that's driving me up the wall too!!!

Bring back the 70's I say when we didn't have these puters at home!!!!!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Bring back the 70's I say when we didn't have these puters at home!!!!!
Yay! I second that! Actually, I've never downloaded anything, either - the closest I get is ripping my own CDs to my iPod!

I haven't even tried filling the iPod from the iTunes store

Snorri
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 06:29 PM
To be honest I'm going the opposite way now!

I used to download music using Limewire, but the problem is free downloading is illegal and they're starting to clamp down a lot more on it. Now it's highly unlikely they'd target people like me who downloaded all of about 2 songs a week, but you just don't know these days do you?!

If you want to download you can use Limewire for free (illegal) or use a site like itunes and pay for individual tracks.

TBH I go to Asda and buy CDs now cos places like itunes just rip you off when you consider how much you actually end up paying for an album with no actual cd or cover etc.

So in short, for free downloads I'd use Limewire!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Lol at you Snorri!!!! I know all about "ripping", but once it's ripped I don't know what to do with it!!!! I can "burn" too, I know how to do that one, I've got a brilliant programme for that which again is illegal but my puter man put it on here for me It'smuch easier than all the other programmes I've got too! When it comes to Ipods, well, you beat me there, coz although I have one, it was only to learn French with, and I got bored with it, so it's now sitting in the cupboard!!!

Right, I've done the download of Limewire, first time it was corrupted so it wouldn't run, but now I have it properly installed. Thing is, what do I do now then???? Where do I go to pick some good tunes then please??? Lol! When I download my tunes for free will it automatically go into the LIvewire programme now then? C'mon Katie, you started this!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
Hi Helen, like you downloading music is a fairly new thing for me and my son told me to download Limewire it is very easy to use once you have it downloaded. You just click on search audio and then put in the artist or the name of the tune or both and it comes up with loads of options and it will find all kinds of music 60`s and up to date music. I sit at the computer singing my head off and bumping up and down on the chair in time to the music. Once you have downloaded it, it stays in your Library on Limewire and you can keep playing it time and time again until you delete it.
Where do I click on the search audio then please??? Is it in the Limewire I've downloaded then? If I go on their site I only get the options to download, or is there a search on there too, but I just can't find it!!!??? Heeeeeeeelp!!!

Well I've found where to go, I'm downloading something, but how will I know where it's put it then, pleeeeease??? Lol!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, as most here probably know, I've spent quite a while in hospital this last year or so. Now, I like my music, and an iPod certainly beats lugging a suitcase full of CDs. Also, when I was in first, the nurses at Aberdeen RI broke three of my CD players (knocking them off tables). The iPod goes under the pillow, where it's safer!

Snorri
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Ayyyyy, I've got the hang of this Limewire now! I'm downloading as I type, loads and loads of songs from way back in my youth! I don't care if it's illegal I don't do much illegally, and they'll never find me out in the sticks where I live anyways! It's very sloooow to download them all though, maybe I've gone a bit ott for my first time though, I'll just have to be patient! Ihope it stops by the time I go to bed

Thanks Katie, you're a star! I will reward you suitably!!! xxx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >