Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:38 PM

Boosters

do they have to have them ?
Jazz will be due hers again end of March, i know they were on about changing it to every 2 years, but clubs require it and so does insurance? Do i just carry on and have them done or leave it?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
i thoguth you had to and intend to give max his the same as my children get theirs i am not taking any risks
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
i have always had them done and Jazz (and Indie) are up to date with them, i was just asking cos of the changes that were mentioned a while back.

(as for the kids, my youngest is behind with her pre school jabs, due to her need to have her jabs seperate and not as a cocktail as she reacts very badly to it )
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:43 PM
i am fortunate my kids have had no probs with jabs. i know some people dont have them done but if everyone did the same surely we would get epedemics
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:54 PM
I think it's a personal choice.
I get both my 2 innoculated, but some people don't.
It depends what you're doing with your dogs....for mine to go into Kennels, and to the Obedience class, they had to be innoculated.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2005, 11:55 PM
I had a long talk with my vet about this recently having decided with a 13 yo dog it should have aquired enough immunity and a booser should not be needed, but the conversation convinced me to go ahead and have it done. I would never forgive myself if I didn't and anything happened particularly as I have heard
there is parvo about, and I am not convinced a mad neighbour with five dogs has ever had her dogs vaccinated which may put us all at risk .
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2005, 11:57 PM
ok , i shall carry on as normal which i am more than happy to do, just wanted opinions, so thank you
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-01-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm a terrible worrier and this is one of my concerns, but living in an area full of foxes it was strongly recommended by our vet that we give the booster to our dogs which we have.

If you arnt bothered about insurance or training classes which both require your dog to be vaccinated then there is a test your dog can have for parvo it shows the antibody levels and he/she has then only need to get vaccinated when the levels drop, not 100% sure about all the details but I think it's called a titres test.
Meg
Supervisor

05-01-2005, 12:05 AM
I know Christine is against it, and I have read all the stuff about it and although it is logical and I agree with a lot of it I trust the lady vet and know she wil not try to B*****me. She was talking about some research done at Newmarket recently and the results convinced her boosers are needed. She said they would not do it to make money, against her ethics and I believe her.
Meg
Supervisor

05-01-2005, 12:10 AM
D/O I also talked about titre with the vet, she said it was unreliable and by the time you have paid for it if vaccs is still needed you are paying twice and it will work out very expensive overall. On the balance of things..better safe than sorry.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »