Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by need4speed
I dont see a problem with dogs being carriers as it does not effect them and if put to a clear they will not produce any affected pups.

I was talking to someone who has just bred a litter of pups now about 3wks old and she decided not to CL test untill it was more widely available Which realistically i think means more available and cheaper. A awful lot of ISDS breeders dont hip score and most come out with the excuse oh the parents have worked for years so dont need scoring :smt021 what a stupid excuse. ...................
My puppy is from an ISDS breeder & his parents are scored(under breed mean/median/average)so they are not all the same

The CL test isn't that expensive done in the UK in fact my boy's tests & blood sampling cst £150 for both CEA & CL &storing a sample for the future hardly OTT & the tests were done in the USA

Also the ISDS will only register puppies by my dog if he is mated to a clear bitch The KC aren't interested in the DNA tests done by Optigen
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Perhaps sometimes it's a case of ignorance is bliss?

Agree about the KC in your OP, I think they could do so much more to improve the health of dogs like the suggestion you made. But that's another argument!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2