Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 08:40 AM

Daily Thread; Friday 07.05.2021

Good Morning all

Bright and sunny here got the dentist later and had my hair cut yesterday life is getting back to normal Yippeee.

Hope you day goes well got to go busy buy busy
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 09:17 AM
Morning all. Kelly thanks for the thought about book loan will be in touch. Hope everyone else is having a good morning. I have been having a nightmare with mobile top up. Probably me not knowing what I am doing yet again. Actually it isn't me it is them not sending me a password that works. Oh well never mind. These things are sent to try us. Off to see my friend Ann this afternoon so that will keep me out of mischief. Bye all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 09:53 AM
Morning all.....I am having a flare up and feel awful....I have increased my medication so fingers crossed will be better in the next few days.
Kazz, so pleased you got your haircut.....and yes! Life is getting back to hopefully what it was
Brenda, I am sure it's not you, I struggle like mad sometimes with passwords and I know it's not me
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone

Pleased. you have had your hair cut Kazz I have another two weeks until I can get mine done - it is now officially a mess Good luck at the dentist

Brenda isn't there a library near you?

Hope you can't get the flareup under control quickly Kelly

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, washing dried and ironed and housework done. Going with my son yesterday to vote at the same turning as the one where I had my accident an elderly driver started to pull out in front of us and was nearly in the middle of the road before he saw us. I am sure it was the same chap! He was turning right so no need to be near the middle of the road anyway.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2021, 11:17 AM
Afternoon everyone been a bit busy.
My getting back into knitting teddy bear done on wrong size needles and wrong type of wool turned out ok and Gorden has claimed him.
The teddy bear for the new baby has now been knitted on right size needles and right wool and needs putting together.
I think it will turn out well.

Kazz I had my hair cut last month and another appointment in June great isn't it, had a new stylist as the one who did mine left. It needs some tweaks here and there on the next appointment.
Hope the dentist goes well.
brenda enjoy your visit with your friend.
griff sorry you are feeling unwell, hope you feel better soon.
Sue what a nightmare, glad you are safe.

Off to post a parcel to Michael and Maca in Spain. It's an experiment to see if and how long it takes to arrive not had good experience with Royal mail and posting to Spain.
His Birthday card this year got there and in good time so thought I would check this out as sending by Amazon now we have left Europe is so expensive, so will have to do smaller parcels if this one works out well for Christmas gifts.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 11:52 AM
Oh gosh Sue...glad you didn't have another accident!! I am all for older people having their independence and I think it's great but....if they are becoming dangerous, then sorry no.
Lynn, well done you with the teddy, I think that is absolutely lovely
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 12:11 PM
Sue praps he thought he was driving an articulated lorry? bg!! So pleased to hear you were ok.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Yes my hairdresser is anew one my old one retired/gave up not sure which is the right version but she has been saying for a while so though try a new shop and I am really chuffed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-05-2021, 12:40 PM
Thanks griff, I learnt to knot when little and when my sister Gill was pregnant with Neill, now nearly 47 I started knitting some bootees well he still hasn't got them and I only ever knitted one and that was badddd.

Have attempted the odd thing in between without much success, but this time I was determined I would start and finish, so hoping the babies teddy comes out really nice.
If it does I may progress onto a matinee coat for beginners. I'm just proud of myself for sticking with it. Only taken me till I'm 62.

Back from posting the parcel. No first class only standard, signed or tracked, went with standard. 1.082 kgs £11.05. Only a pair of bamboo socks, maybe 7 packs no more than 8 small packets of spice and rubs for meat, packet of jelly beans and flying saucers and a small bag of dog treats for Charlie. Certainly didn't feel heavy.
You would have to have a good imagination if sending to abroad now as you have to fill in a little sticky slip stating what's in the parcel and the value and how many items, so if a surprise they will know the cost and amount of items if you can be imaginative with the contents so as not to give the surprise away.
I am going to have to look into sorting Christmas gifts from shops in Spain I think, hopefully some will have a translation page.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2021, 01:15 PM
Good afternoon all. Quite a nice day, but still chilly for May. We did have a short shower though not long ago.

Called and picked up Gary's computer, yet again. Sorted it out and Dave has just set off to take it back. Could do with a conveyor belt from his place to mine . He hasn't complained about the watch since so hopefully he's either got fed up of it, or it's working ok.

I used to knit a lot when the kids were small. Now a combination of bad eyesight and fingers locking up (steroid inhalers) makes it too painful to do.

Since we moved here, I've never found a hairdresser I like so now my hair will stay long and I'll let Dave loose with the scissors now and again.

I think a lot of the problem with drivers of all ages today is that they get cars that are too big for them and have no idea how to gauge widths. Never a day goes by here that we don't pick up on really terrible driving
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >