Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2004, 07:08 AM

Older and wiser?

Well I just was just making myself a piece of toast and a cup of coffee while throwing the ring down the garden for Sal as you do about 6.30 in the morning. And when she came in again with the ring I was actually making my coffee. And what did she do lie down in the doorway and chew the ring while she waited, without me saying anything.
She's almost 19 months old now and all that training and hard work are paying off and I'm reaping the benefits.
Once she would have "bothered" me with the ring but I think she's grown up, she pretty much ignores visitors now greeting them then getting back on the sofa, when told "enough" sometimes before that if the visitors are particularly boring
She potters about happily while I'm cutting the grass not even chasing the lawnmower
And takes little to no notice of dogs now when out on a walk, returning as soon as I call her.

My baby has grown up and it makes us love her more than we ever though possible

Karen
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2004, 07:15 AM
I know my boy is starting to grow up. He no longer 'helps' with vaccuuming, window cleaning, etc.

No good getting older if you don't get smarter! But, I am always sad to see the puppy days disappear. They do grow up so quickly.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2004, 07:28 AM
I know what you mean "Halcyon puppy days" but as much as I "love" puppies and I doooo.
I much prefer adult dogs.

Karen
Carole
Supervisor

10-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Ive noticed that as well, I can brush the floor, polish and most housework without Star "helping"

Star will still have the odd chase after the hoover but thats it. Puppy days are over
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2004, 08:11 AM
But I think we have to look at it through rose coloured specs because:

We are now the people in the park with the dogs, the owners of "teenage" dogs want their dog to be like.

Karen
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

10-06-2004, 08:12 AM
I wish that was so here today. At 6.30 am Saffy decided it was time the kitchen bin was emptied. So that exactly what she did all over the kitchen floor!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2004, 08:14 AM
And how old is Saffy...?

Karen
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

10-06-2004, 08:19 AM
9 months old so it is excusable
Carole
Supervisor

10-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Star is still going through her teenage stage. If she wants to go in the opposite direction she will sit and make grunting noises and refuse to move. People laugh at me because of Stars behaviour.

Last week she mugged a neighbour for her handbag, the whole street was laughing at Star. Which made her worse.

She chased my son with a bat hitting him last week, so he would chase her and fight with her.

I have a list a mile long on Stars behaviour. Nothing serious though.

I am looking forward to the day I have a well behaved dog, if thats possible with a boxer
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

10-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Carole you might be wishing for to much. I think a well behaved Boxer isnt a Boxer
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >