08-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Lets just say one would be one too many for me
How many of us have said that
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I have 2 boys from my first marriage now in thier 30's ....I was happy with that, but then my Mom was one of 23 really couldn't see me doing that

Pat has 4 from a previous and 3 step-children all in thier 30's too

Thats enough for us
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 12:30 PM
TWENTY THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLEYYY FREAKIN MOOOOLLEY!!

hats off to your grandma! she must be one tough cookie
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I think it's bloomin marvellous that the government has finally started to mention 'afford' and 'children' in the same sentence. I don't understand why people purposefully have kids when they can't really afford them without relying on benefits, it REALLY bugs me actually!!!(don't shout -yes, there are loads of circumstances where people need benefits to bring up children too which I accept).

I've gotten 'broody' many times over the past 5/6 years but know I want everything to be perfect, good job, family home and no stress financial wise before we start having kids.

I can afford 3 kids Hence why I've kicked everything off to a good start career/house wise, and waited till I'm 28 to get married then...........
Shangri-La
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I don’t want any ..... Probably too late now any way....
But I would love to have more animal.....
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Personally, I think people should only be allowed two kids if they want them, to reproduce themselves, so to speak.

We're overpopulated as it is and surely two is more than enough! (For me anyway. ).

Then there is the fact of affording kids. If you can't afford, don't have! I'm sick of paying for them (and their parents).
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Lets just say one would be one too many for me
Originally Posted by Shangri-La View Post
I don’t want any ..... Probably too late now any way....
But I would love to have more animal.....
Same here. I've never wanted children, I have a niece and two nephews, all of whom I adore, but nothing has changed since I met them, infact, now I see how much hard work they are, it put me off even more (if that was possible). Fortunately it is something that Dave and I both agree on and we are happy as we are, more animals would be nice though!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I have one of each and would have liked more, but my (now ex) husband decided that was enough and took himself off had the snip. I have now remarried but at the age of 45 don't want any more, especially as mine are both at uni now. The prospect of 4 hourly feeds and endless nappies again.... It was brill the first time, but now I'm looking forward to being a doting grandmother one day. My eldest is only 22 so it will probably be a while, but hey ho I'm happy waiting.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2010, 12:52 PM
I had two both boys and spaced them out with an 8 year gap in between so they both had individual attention, so one at 25, one at 34, and could possibly squeezed one more in or should that be out at 42 but that would have been too late for me I think. I wouldn't change a thing but finances play a huge part of it for me too but I guess it depends on who's financing the growing brood and the kind of lifestyle you have too.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
TWENTY THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLEYYY FREAKIN MOOOOLLEY!!

hats off to your grandma! she must be one tough cookie
Oh Yes........ she died at 92.
My Mom is the eldest of the glan and she's 90 now but the stories she tells are lovely to listen too, they grew up in Lancashire, all worked at some time at the cotton mills, went home to thier mom (my granma) upto her arms in baking, bread cakes pies etc.,

Mind you I don't envy the washing stories.....a outhouse and dolly, with a wringer which the kids had to take in turns, turning the handle, regardless to what weather it was
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »