View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I think those saying having 3 kids is no big deal should probably be saying it was no big deal for them, it probably wouldn't have been for me either but for my friend who struggled with one it certainly would have been. We all see things from our own viewpoint but it's not the only viewpoint. Each to their own. People telling me choosing to work full time and going back to work when your baby is only 10 weeks old was terrible but it was their point of view and they are entitled to it, it doesn't make them right. We're all different and that's a good thing IMO.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
How rude. I had 3 children. I also did a degree, and worked to support them. Maybe all those people who say one can`t cope with 3 children should look at the way they manage their time. Perhaps less time watching soaps or chatting on FB would help. (Now that was about as offensive as suggesting my children suffered, so you know how it feels)
My boys all had a great childhood and always had home-cooked food and family outings. I mended their own clothes (and made some) and grw vegetables and made bread and cakes.
I don`t understand all these people who struggle to cope with 1 or 2 children.
I haven't suggested that any kid suffered.

Nor did what you say offend me in the slightest.

I'm not having any kids as I don't like them and my dogs come first. And as I said, even I wanted kids I couldn't have them because I couldn't afford to pay for them and I enjoy the life I have with my dogs and enjoy spending my time more with them. IMO, it would be selfish to go and have more kids if you're in this position. But as I said, this is IMO. If people can cope with it both mentally, physically and financially, that's up to them, of course.

Also, one kid may well be enough to deal with for the individual person (not talking about affording them...). They may well have behavioural problems or disabilities and due to the severity of these, they may well be unable to cope with any more than the one they currently have.

Each to their own. This is my opinion. We are all entitled to one afterall.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I think those saying having 3 kids is no big deal should probably be saying it was no big deal for them, it probably wouldn't have been for me either but for my friend who struggled with one it certainly would have been. We all see things from our own viewpoint but it's not the only viewpoint. Each to their own. People telling me choosing to work full time and going back to work when your baby is only 10 weeks old was terrible but it was their point of view and they are entitled to it, it doesn't make them right. We're all different and that's a good thing IMO.

Point taken Trouble.Three kids is no big deal for me, but those saying that having three kids would mean the kids were not loved properly or looked after properly should also be saying that that is how it would be for them.....works both ways.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

12-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Point taken Trouble.Three kids is no big deal for me, but those saying that having three kids would mean the kids were not loved properly or looked after properly should also be saying that that is how it would be for them.....works both ways.
Completely agree , some people may find one child to much to cope with, each to their own, but to say (when you have not got multiple children) that yo think they will suffer due to being one of 3/4/5 is very condescending to say the least.

Because one person finds it difficult dont assume others will too.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I agree, and hey we only actually know whether it was a breeze or not once they're fully grown, personally I found children really easy but late teens/ young adults bring a whole new set of problems/situations.
The other thing is those saying they don't want any, may not have met the right man yet because I certainly didn't think about having any kids until I met their dad. How do you know whether you'll have more than one until you've had the one and experienced first hand what it's like. Also when I was with my husband I never thought about kids until my friend had one (unplanned) and I was quite shockingly (for me) overwhelmed with feeling broody, so then had to figure how I could afford it, decided to go for it and was pregnant immediately so much for planning ahead but hey it's suprising how much you can put in place in 9 months when you have to.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I haven't suggested that any kid suffered.

This is my opinion. We are all entitled to one afterall.
Yes, you did. You agreed with a poster that stated the view that people with 3 or more children couldn`t look after them properly.
That is plain wrong. Not opinion. Wrong. Perhaps the person who made the comment (who you agreed with) couldn`t look after more than 2 children properly. But that`s not what they said, and that`s why I took offence.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Yes, you did. You agreed with a poster that stated the view that people with 3 or more children couldn`t look after them properly.
That is plain wrong. Not opinion. Wrong. Perhaps the person who made the comment (who you agreed with) couldn`t look after more than 2 children properly. But that`s not what they said, and that`s why I took offence.
I said that I agree with the poster to an extent. Perhaps I should've stated more clearly the way in which I agree with her.

Some people cannot cope with three kids - depends on the situation involved. I never said that everyone who has three kids can't cope. Heck, some folk can't, or rather can't be bothered, to cope with one. My mother and father being two of them.

Up to you if you take offence or not. I certainly haven't.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I said that I agree with the poster to an extent. Perhaps I should've stated more clearly the way in which I agree with her.

Some people cannot cope with three kids - depends on the situation involved. I never said that everyone who has three kids can't cope. Heck, some folk can't, or rather can't be bothered, to cope with one. My mother and father being two of them.

Up to you if you take offence or not. I certainly haven't.
Perhaps what you're trying to say is there are certain people who should think more carefully about how many kids they could cope with and look after correctly?

It's a very strange phenomenon having kids, to me anyway!

If you think about it, it's a very selfish thing to do really. The only person you're thinking about is yourself - the "I want *insert number here* kids" statement comes to mind, without really giving much thought as to what quality of life these kids will have, where these kids are going to live and on which planet. Cos lets be honest here - Planet Earth is struggling to cope with the amount of Human inhabitants already and the Human Race isn't exactly a rare breed is it?! So I often wonder if it's really necessary or needed for people to have lots of kids etc?! Of course having kids is what people want, but if there's no Planet left for them to inhabit, it makes me ask the question, what's the point?!

Oh and before people start throwing things in my direction, this is just one of those strange, tongue in cheek, thoughts that goes round in my mind. In no way am I accusing every parent on Earth of being selfish, it's just a different way of looking at things from someone who really has no interest in reproducing several copies of herself!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Perhaps what you're trying to say is there are certain people who should think more carefully about how many kids they could cope with and look after correctly?

It's a very strange phenomenon having kids, to me anyway!

If you think about it, it's a very selfish thing to do really. The only person you're thinking about is yourself - the "I want *insert number here* kids" statement comes to mind, without really giving much thought as to what quality of life these kids will have, where these kids are going to live and on which planet. Cos lets be honest here - Planet Earth is struggling to cope with the amount of Human inhabitants already and the Human Race isn't exactly a rare breed is it?! So I often wonder if it's really necessary or needed for people to have lots of kids etc?! Of course having kids is what people want, but if there's no Planet left for them to inhabit, it makes me ask the question, what's the point?!

Oh and before people start throwing things in my direction, this is just one of those strange, tongue in cheek, thoughts that goes round in my mind. In no way am I accusing every parent on Earth of being selfish, it's just a different way of looking at things from someone who really has no interest in reproducing several copies of herself!
Yes, that's basically what I was trying to say!

Oh, and as for the rest, I agree with you! See my first post in this thread.
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm not a big fan of children tbh.

I'm 1 of 2. My mum had me quite young (20) and was a single parent. She worked really hard for everything we had, i always had everything i wanted; food, clothes, pets, outings, hobbies... she paid for every hobby you can imagine from horse riding lessons to ice skating lessons gymnastics for 6 years... and i'm very thankful to her for it!

She then met my step-dad when i was about 7/8 i think around that age and when i was 16 (2 months off 17) my little sister was born VERY big age gap i think... i'm now 19 and she's 2.

I really don't like children at this moment in time i'm not broody at all, when i see one i think aww thats cute and move on. I like children in the family but anyone else's and they just annoy me and i want them to leave me alone tbh... they seem to flock to me they know i don't like them

My OH has 3 brothers and sister and really wants 5/6 children I was my mums birthing partner and lets just say it's put me off wanting children ouchhhh!!!!

I want to live my life first and make sure i'm married, settled with a good job and enough money for one.
About 15 girls in my year at school now have children (some whilst still at school) and i just think why eurgh haha

Although i'd be quite happy just having lots of animals instead OH not a big fan of animals though so we'll have to come to an agreement haha
Page 10 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >