View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I would have been happy with 2, 1 of each sex, but I had 2 boys & really wanted a girl! So tried for no. 3 & it was a girl I would have liked another girl (as I grew up with 3 brothers & no sister) but wasn't allowed any more due to having to have all c -sections. Fast forward - I later inherited 2 step daughters from my 2nd hub & wandered why did I want girls, didn't bank on them being teenagers from hell they are a pain in the butt & my boys are angels (sort of!)
But now they're almost all grown up, aged between 15 & 22, it's a lot more fun & I'm still young enough to go out with them
I couldn't imagine growing old without having children & maybe grandchildren.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Not got any children my self (I'm only 20, want to do far to much before I have my own family).

I am the oldest of 4 girls though. I'm 20 (almost 21), Charlie is 18, Lucy 9 and Aimee 3. Me & Charlie have the same Dad, (parents were married, but lots of complications later they divorced) and Lucy and Aimee have the same Dad. (Mum met him once divorced from Dad, and he didn't have any children of his own.) None of us were planned, I like to call myself an 'Accidental Surprise.'

I know that when I have children, I would like more than one, although I had my spats with Charlie, I think I would've hated being an only child. I love having my sisters there to spend time with/spoil/wind up! Don't think I'd be able to do what Mum did and have such a big age gap between child 1 and child 4!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I wouldnt want any kids... only fur kids for me! But then im still young although dont think I will ever change my mind on that one!

I dont feel any amount of kids is enough, I dont think you can judge everyone the same. As long as all the kids are well cared for, and the like I dont see a problem. For one person two kids will be enough, for others 6 or 7 will be fine.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have two children, a boy and a girl, there was a time when we thought about having another , but never did , so am happy with what I have

Completely agree with the above, its about time this "I can have what I want and the state will pay for it" culture is brought to the attention of the powers that be,

Have as many kids as you like, but dont expect the state to pay for them all.

The benefit system is there to HELP those in need, it is NOT (OR SHOULD NOT) be there to support a lifestyle,

It is not right for a family on benefits to have a higher income than those who work,

The talk of a £500 cap on benefits could a very good move, it will 1) stop people churning out the number of kids to equal the amount of benefits or a bigger house, 2) hopefully it might , just might instill some much needed morality and self respect into the children of those who "scrounge" on the state, it might teach them, that to get on in life one has to earn a living, it might teach the parents that for once in their life , if they want a new wide screen TV, they have to earn the money to get it.

If you have 10 children and a 3 bedroom house, why should you expect a 5 bedroom house, your kids will have to double, triple up , if you cant afford the best designer gear, tuff, you live to your means.........like every one else does who earns a living a family getting £95 grand a yr in benefits is a slap in the face of hard working people, I wonder at what number they would have stopped at if the cap was £500

I beleive strongly in our benefit system, its there for a reason, but the reason HAS to be for those who need it ,NOT those who abuse it!
Amen to that! I've always felt benefits should be there to keep people out of poverty, not keep them in luxury! If you want 5 kids then you should be expected to pay for them, I have no interest in kids and even less interest in paying for other peoples!

Do you know what's really pissing me off at the moment? The guy next door to me has two girls, both in secondary school e.g. old enough to take care of themselves outside of school for a few hours. He doesn't work and yet has managed to afford a nice holiday to Mexico for 10 days all inclusive for the three of them. I work full time, live alone and haven't had a holiday abroad for 3 years!

I digress, my apologies!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by katandcolin View Post
10 children and neither work???? If it's the case they've been popping them out backed solely by the state why on earth can and should they be able to afford al these gadgets etc ( assuming this is50" LCD tvs and the like!!!).
Surely it is wrong that working families can't afford these LUXURIES? Makes me sick
Yep, you are right. I haven't met them personally but she is the sister of one of my neighbours. However they featured on an episode of Wife Swap a while a go and you saw their house and they had a massive TV and all the latest clothes etc.

I don't believe anyone who has that many children does it because they love them. IMO having 10 children means you need a 11 bedroom house, so they all have their own space, not being cramped into a 4 bed house. That is just wrong and proves you do NOT have the childrens best interests at heart.

We live in a 3 bed and I feel awful that my 2 girls share a room, luckily they are both too young for it to be a problem yet!! There is NO WAY I would have anymore in this house.

The thing is now they have 10 children there is no way that either of them can work now, they are not very educated ( surprise surprise! ) so no job they could do would ever pay enough to allow them to come off benefits

So did they have 10 children because they love them and can provide an adequate life style for them OR did they have 10 children because they are too stupid and lazy to get jobs and saw this as an easy way to get money?? Call my cynical but I suspect it is the latter

All my life I have only ever wanted to be a Mummy, I qualified as a nanny so I could always work with children, I love being around them and my children are my world BUT right now we cannot afford to have any more, so we don't. I often joke about how much better off we would be if my OH stopped working which is not how it should be!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
I dont support the Tories but if a family are out of work then banging out more kids for the benefits is wrong.which is what happens in this village and no doubt around the country!

if your working and that changes then benefits should be payed out, if your looking for work. regardless on how many kids you have.
thats what the benefit system is for.
Thats ok though coz someone else will always pay for them, as i have said i n a previous thread its always someome elses problem these days. If you can't afford to support your own kids then don't have them

If you sit on your butt and do nothing you get everything, go to work and you are penalised, they've got it all wrong in this country
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I wouldnt want any kids... only fur kids for me! But then im still young although dont think I will ever change my mind on that one!

I dont feel any amount of kids is enough, I dont think you can judge everyone the same. As long as all the kids are well cared for, and the like I dont see a problem. For one person two kids will be enough, for others 6 or 7 will be fine.

Thats fine if people want 6 or more kids but please don't expect everybody else to pay, support them yourself fair enough
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have two children, a boy and a girl, there was a time when we thought about having another , but never did , so am happy with what I have

Completely agree with the above, its about time this "I can have what I want and the state will pay for it" culture is brought to the attention of the powers that be,

Have as many kids as you like, but dont expect the state to pay for them all.

The benefit system is there to HELP those in need, it is NOT (OR SHOULD NOT) be there to support a lifestyle,

It is not right for a family on benefits to have a higher income than those who work,

The talk of a £500 cap on benefits could a very good move, it will 1) stop people churning out the number of kids to equal the amount of benefits or a bigger house, 2) hopefully it might , just might instill some much needed morality and self respect into the children of those who "scrounge" on the state, it might teach them, that to get on in life one has to earn a living, it might teach the parents that for once in their life , if they want a new wide screen TV, they have to earn the money to get it.

If you have 10 children and a 3 bedroom house, why should you expect a 5 bedroom house, your kids will have to double, triple up , if you cant afford the best designer gear, tuff, you live to your means.........like every one else does who earns a living a family getting £95 grand a yr in benefits is a slap in the face of hard working people, I wonder at what number they would have stopped at if the cap was £500

I beleive strongly in our benefit system, its there for a reason, but the reason HAS to be for those who need it ,NOT those who abuse it!
Great post, i agree totally - i have expressed similar sentiments on another post but people just don't get it at all
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:33 AM
0-Nil-zilch-none

I have successfully managed not to have any & that is just the way I have always wanted it.

Never got/get excited over babies(they make me physically sick)& now avoid them like the plague

Give me my dogs & cats any day
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-10-2010, 10:51 AM
I am from a family of 5 kids, and our house was always full of kids when I was growing up as we have a lot of cousins too. I always thought that I would love to have lots of kids because I loved being from a big family. But now as a supposed 'adult' I seriously doubt I could manage that! Both my parents worked full time and I have no idea how on earth they managed! We don't have any kids, we are both 30 and neither me or my OH have 'had the urge' to have any yet! So who knows. If we do have kids, we would probably have 2 max.

We do get hassled a lot by our families to have kids, because we are apparently at the right time for it, have a nice house that we own, are lucky enough to have really good jobs etc... and of course we aren't getting any younger! Drives me mad!!

I am happy enough with my animals!!
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »