View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 07:52 AM
All you can do is to speak to her Social Worker isn`t it? Your hands are tied.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
It is actually illegal to sell a puppy to anyone under 16 years of age.
That's what I thought! Is there any way at all to get the info out of her regarding where she got the dog from? Has she actually taken possession of the dog or is it still with it's current owner/breeder? Clealry whoever that is needs some action taken against them (althoguh I doubt anythign will happen to them).

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I foster teenagers but I am sorry I would be speaking to her Social Worker about it if she was my foster child, plus I would speak to the boys family (if he has any) like Scorpio said I would insist her money went elsewhere.

I realise she is a young person and she has rights, however here I hold strict boundries and one thing I teach is that decisions are talked over before hand and boundries are not to crossed then again I deal with Challanging Behaviour Children so strict boundries have to be enforced. I have had YP that have done such things but I have stepped in and stopped it. If she has pocket money then perhaps she would benefit with only half/small amount of it and the rest is put in a bank for her when she can use it once she goes into independant living, as I feel (and this is only my opinion) they need at the age of 15 to be taught the values of money for later life experiences
Listen to Steph. She's the Oracel when it comes to YP, foster kids etc.

Good luck.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:20 AM
I wonder if she's trying to sort of get attention by this? it's just that I'd be surprised to find many coonhounds crossed with pitbulls etc in this country, although I might be quite wrong.

I hope it's not genuine and I hope that if it is, you can sort it somehow, (not sure how though!)

Wys
x
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I am dubious about the coon hound bit. The kind of people she knows are more about breeding for money than anything else and I'd imagine Coon Hounds are worth more as a pure bred plus they aren't a well known breed around here so it's not a massive plus in a cross if you know what I mean!!!
I've seen a piccie and it's definatley got sharpei in it (got all the loose skin around it's face as for pit bull weeeeellll it could be any bull breed and in a cross who'd know?? There seems to be a lot of staffy x american boxers?? going around here at the mo which look very pit bully.

Going to show some interest in it today and see if I can draw some info out of her about it!! I know she's capable of doing this as she smuggled a cat in her not so long ago and it almost came to a nasty end with 3 dogs in the house!! There's no way I could have it with Bailey as he is, it would be a massive recipe for disaster

Hopefully social will move her or I'll find out who and pay them a visit before it's ready to leave it's mum from the looks of it we've got a couple of weeks yet!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Thats the thing though, we've stopped all money due to her drug use!! She no longer gets any at all from me, if she wants anything I buy it.
Social svcs are in the process of moving her into a secure unit as her behaviour is so off the wall!!! I don't even know where she's got the money from!!
I've spoken to her bf's parents and they didn't know anythng about it and they've said there's no way they could have the dog there as his mum is allergic!!
I sympathise with the misuse of drugs, secure unit will be the way to go if you can not handle her drug addiction. As for where she gets the money from there are ways...even ones that are degrading One of my ex foster boys was a drug addict and he always got money, I found out how (in the end) but thats another story

I think she sounds to me like a girl that has low self esteem and wants a reaction from you....the shock one usually benefits thier needs your right in doing the ''opposite'' and take an interest, in ''what a lovely pup'' ''I can see why you fell for that one'' etc etc., try inventing a story...ie

you brought back memories of when I once bought a puppy for a boyfriend when I was young, anyway it was a gorgeous pup, but he didn't look after it properly ...even though I was 100% he would.....so it died, I was so upset. Then leave it alone the seed will plant Im sure.

I wish you all the best xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2011, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=Stumpywop;2281686]That's what I thought! Is there any way at all to get the info out of her regarding where she got the dog from? Has she actually taken possession of the dog or is it still with it's current owner/breeder? Clealry whoever that is needs some action taken against them (althoguh I doubt anythign will happen to them).

Listen to Steph. She's the Oracel when it comes to YP, foster kids etc.

Good luck.[/
QUOTE]

Thank you

funnily enough my link worker has just rang with an 'excellent' report about my foster sons behaviour.....looks like a treat for him tonite in order
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2