Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 02:46 PM

Shocked at the cats ads..

..I know we often see people advertising their dogs for sale because owner is expecting a baby (which is bad enough!). But the amount of cats that are for rehome because of this is unreal!!! There are loads. WHY???? You dont even have to walk a cat!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh cats sit on babies and sufocate them don't u no....

Crazy ain't it
ATD x
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
Oh cats sit on babies and sufocate them don't u no....

Crazy ain't it
ATD x
Your right it is probably for that reason.
Dont they know how to close a bedroom door?!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2010, 07:43 PM
One of mine came to me via rescue for that very reason! So sad really as I had 3 cats when I had my first baby and they never joined any of the kids in the cot ever. Although I have to admit if there was an available space in the car seat they did like a nap there. Now the kids are older they happily snuggle up in bed with them
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 07:48 PM
because cats suffocate babies dont you know, they jump in the cot and suffocate them??

honestly i have been told this so so so many times !!!!!!!!!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought they used a pillow ??
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 08:28 PM
My former friend did this, she got a pretty kitten called Bea, then she fell pregnant with her eldest and got 'rid' of the cat! Then she got another called Cookie, when Cookie got fleas and because the fleas were coming from the cats in the flat above, her 'darling' husband said he was going to throw her into the local park... so I took her in, (renamed her Suki...fleas gone in about 2 days ) Then she got a pair of kittens a little while later, when she got pregnant with her last child, she again got rid of them, as they sat in the cot!!
She has a terrible record with animals, I took in her rabbits and piggies too and she had a stunning Staffie called Kizzy and what happened to her makes me cry... So she is no longer a friend...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
when my daughter was a tiny baby, weeks old, i woke in the night to find one of my cats laying full length along her. hannah was fine but my cat wasn't! she was so jealous of my daughter and i had to make sure i set aside time just for her every day. i also had to stop her coming in the bedroom at night after that (which i hated as she used to sleep in bed with me) but after a few weeks when hannah was bigger, maisie came back into the bedroom at night. she never lay on hannah again.

the way i looked at it was that maisie was there first and i had to reassure her that i was still there for her. she was such an affectionate little thing and she demanded her cuddles from me. sadly i lost her to a car accident when she was only 3. her brother though, went on to be my daughters shadow and the 2 were inseparable.

i heard that cats lay on babies because they are warm and smell nice and milky and i believe that. how anyone could think it is malicious is beyond me.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:26 PM
a pregnant lady came in today...was worried bout the cats

she didnt want hair in the babys mouth!! eh? i replied 'why would that happen? will you let the baby suck the cat'
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
a pregnant lady came in today...was worried bout the cats

she didnt want hair in the babys mouth!! eh? i replied 'why would that happen? will you let the baby suck the cat'
oh blimey you should be on the stage!!! love it!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >