Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
What a nasty person you are to say that of a child.

Last time I looked she wasnt a child now? rarther an annoying z-list "celeb" who is living off the status of her parants.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Well I have to say that her allowing me to buy my council house when I was married to my first wife was the best thing that ever happened to me as it enabled me to become a property owner and get on the ladder.

The other thing that was personally a very good thing for me was that for six months while the strike was on I drove lorries with coal in them and made an absolute fortune.

And thats was one thing amoung others after Wilson that made this country great again
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
not about the unions...........
Sacking the workeforce then?? Yes, I'd do that!! Why should I risk my business I have worked darn hard for all of my life because somebody had a gripe that I considered to be unfair????? If I COULD (and they wouldn't let me now), I'd sack the blooming lot of them, tell them if they wanted to stay they could but on MY terms and terms they had agreed to work for me on in the first place, and get some other people in who WANTED the work at the money I was offering, coz there's plenty out there who are craving a job. I'd do it over and over again too, if I was allowed! That'd make them sit up and value what they had wouldn't it!
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Eh yes ask the families of the crew of the General Belgrano(all 323 of them) which was in international waters when Maggie ordered it to be sunk if she killed anyone !

As to her being the saviour of the UK Yer right Hubby made a killing from privatisation of the utilities & she spent £1,000,000 of taxpayers money looking for her deadhead son in the desert !

Think that the the families would ask their leadership over your statment who they blame.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Sacking the workeforce then?? Yes, I'd do that!! Why should I risk my business I have worked darn hard for all of my life because somebody had a gripe that I considered to be unfair????? If I COULD (and they wouldn't let me now), I'd sack the blooming lot of them, tell them if they wanted to stay they could but on MY terms and terms they had agreed to work for me on in the first place, and get some other people in who WANTED the work at the money I was offering, coz there's plenty out there who are craving a job. I'd do it over and over again too, if I was allowed! That'd make them sit up and value what they had wouldn't it!
H...I'm really surprised at your attitude.
You are the reason, from that post, that I see unions as being a vital part of the democracy we are lucky to live in.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:19 PM
luckily the days of hire n fire are in the past way in the past......some employers value their workers
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
H...I'm really surprised at your attitude.
You are the reason, from that post, that I see unions as being a vital part of the democracy we are lucky to live in.
thats why it left me speechless.........
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post

Last time I looked she wasnt a child now? rarther an annoying z-list "celeb" who is living off the status of her parants.

She was THE BLEESED MAGGIEs child and because you sneer at her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Eh? I'm to blame????!!! Can't see that somehow!

If I was running a business, which I'm not at the moment, had a big workforce and one of them had a gripe that they weren't being paid enough coz their mate down the road was earning more than them so why shouldn't they Right, I explain to said person, the reason I can't pay you any more is because, blah, blah, blah, and he's still not happy. Ok then, he should leave. Go and get his better paid job somewhere else, and meanwhile I'll find another person to fill his vacancy, someone who is happy to work for the money I can offer them. What is wrong with that???? WHY does he have to then chat to all my other staff, stirr them all up, get a union representative involved, and then I end up with them all going on strike! Great! I've worked hard for my business, I can't afford to pay them all the money they want, so in my eyes, I want to sack the lot of them, I don't want workers like that who are unhappy in their work, I'd much rather find myself some staff who WOULD be happy earning the money I could offer them, and I can't see anything wrong in that whatsoever.

No, every single company I worked for in the whole of my lifetime always INSISTED that I was NOT a member of any union, and I still worked for them, I still asked my boss for a rise when I wanted one or felt I deserved one, sometimes I got it sometimes I didn't, but I didn't walk out and get my mates to follow me either! I don't like unions so I was MORE than happy to be employed on the basis I was offered, and in fact, I probably wouldn't take on a job where I had to be a member of a union, I'm not a sheep, I'm my own person, and I do things my way and if I have to earn less than my mates up the road, so be it!

I might add, I have now had 4 different businesses in my lifetime, all of which had a good number of staff, none of them complained, all were happy and none of them needed a union either!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Eh? I'm to blame????!!! Can't see that somehow!

If I was running a business, which I'm not at the moment, had a big workforce and one of them had a gripe that they weren't being paid enough coz their mate down the road was earning more than them so why shouldn't they Right, I explain to said person, the reason I can't pay you any more is because, blah, blah, blah, and he's still not happy. Ok then, he should leave. Go and get his better paid job somewhere else, and meanwhile I'll find another person to fill his vacancy, someone who is happy to work for the money I can offer them. What is wrong with that???? WHY does he have to then chat to all my other staff, stirr them all up, get a union representative involved, and then I end up with them all going on strike! Great! I've worked hard for my business, I can't afford to pay them all the money they want, so in my eyes, I want to sack the lot of them, I don't want workers like that who are unhappy in their work, I'd much rather find myself some staff who WOULD be happy earning the money I could offer them, and I can't see anything wrong in that whatsoever.

No, every single company I worked for in the whole of my lifetime always INSISTED that I was NOT a member of any union, and I still worked for them, I still asked my boss for a rise when I wanted one or felt I deserved one, sometimes I got it sometimes I didn't, but I didn't walk out and get my mates to follow me either! I don't like unions so I was MORE than happy to be employed on the basis I was offered, and in fact, I probably wouldn't take on a job where I had to be a member of a union, I'm not a sheep, I'm my own person, and I do things my way and if I have to earn less than my mates up the road, so be it!

I might add, I have now had 4 different businesses in my lifetime, all of which had a good number of staff, none of them complained, all were happy and none of them needed a union either!

I would never work for anyone that said I couldn't be in a union, as it says a lot about that person. Being a member of a union is mot about being a sheep, far from it, it's about looking after everyone, not just yourself.
Really quite shocked at you H.
Page 7 of 33 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »