View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:21 PM

A little taste of my garden (when it happens!)

I thought I'd capture the beauty of this tree before it all goes, it's getting redder every day, isn't it lovely! It's called Acer Palmatum Katsura, and I've got many more to come like this for my Japanese garden

This is a smaller one, and two red leaved plants which have lost most of the leaves now, before they've even been planted coz the blooming garden isn't ready yet!!

There'll be plenty of room left for Georgie though, coz it's going to be all lawn, so he can run around all these lovely trees!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
They're lovely H, I think your garden is going to look stunning when it's finished
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
They are gorgeous Aitch. Can't wait to see the garden when it's done.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:30 PM
ooh helen your garden is going to look fabuous when its done and when its in bloom it will look totally amazing
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks Christine,I can't wait to show you when it's all finished either!

You too Jackie!

Thanks Jen

At the moment though, it looks like this!!!!!! The new patio is looking good, but the half moon big steps have gone a bit pete tong at the top step, so I'm going to have to have "words" with him in the morning, coz I've found a solution to it! He'll love me won't he!!!

Hopefully something good will happen in the next day or two!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:38 PM
ooh looks as if you have had vistors by mr mole and his chums aww i cant wait to see it all done
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Lol yes Jen! Funny you should say that, coz last time when he cleared a jungle at the side and brought in some topsoil and returfed it, he brought a blooming mole with it too!!! I used to wake up to 5 or 7 molehills on my newly turfed lawn every morning - but I'm afraid he just had to go!!!! Humanely of course, I called in the mole man we have in our village Nothing's moved out there this time though!!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:48 PM
i had to look twice i thought ooh that was one big mr mole i know there gorgeous but they do so much damaged our dad is fed up with them on the farm as they dsetroy everything all you see is mole hills
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Make the most of their glorious colours Helen cause it dont last long! Mine are almost thread bare!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Yes I know Jen, I've actually got quite a big tunnelling system down one side coz you can feel the ground collapsing underfoot, but I haven't seen anything for 3 years now, so finger's crossed! I don't mind if they just use the tunnels they've got, but there's no way there coming up for air on my new turf this time!!!

Oh I will Steve, I have that one right outside the kitchen window at the moment and I can't stop looking at it, sad as it is!!! I've got one of those feathery acers that grows low and wide, and a friend of mine said hers has already lost all it's leaf, but mine is still quite bergundy and green but is now turning redder every day? Strange it's very late to do that She told me that a gardener has told her that if they ever turn green (the acers) that means they have gone back to their condition at birth or whatever they do when they first come into the World! Lol! I don't know the technical term coz I'm no gardener - yet!!!!