Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:22 PM

Two more dog/child incidents

Just heard on the local radio that there has been TWO child/dog incidents reported today. The first one is a 14 yr old paperboy 'attacked' by a Rottweiller and the second as already posted, an 11 month old baby 'attacked' by a family dog, Staff. The Staff has now been PTS. The incident with the Staff took place on Sunday, why leave it till Wednesday to report it....

What on earth is going on.................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/5405514.stm
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:25 PM
i no it's all going mad
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Just read it on the other link (Carole posted it)

I wonder how many other breeds have attacked someone that HASN'T hit the media headlines
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:27 PM
The media are bored

OR the dogs are fighting back, after all of those threads we had only a few months ago about yobs killing pets for no reason!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
Just read it on the other link (Carole posted it)

I wonder how many other breeds have attacked someone that HASN'T hit the media headlines
I wonder if it would have been posted at all if it had been one of the 'gentler' breeds. Absolutely no disrespect meant to Staffs, Rotts etc. I have had Dobes for well over 20 yrs and have lived with the finger pointing and snide comments about my choice of breed, sometimes from my own father.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I am absolutely disgusted at the reporters condemnation of certain breeds of dogs, a chihuahua could cause serious damage to a baby if left unsupervised, yet these stories dont make it to the paper and its not because it doesn't happen, it does (Paris Hilton's Chihuahua attacked a TV presenter(only in the paper because its paris hilton)). Half the population are all for certain breeds being muzzled and for them to be known as dangerous dogs and its all because of misrepresentation in the press. It really makes my blood boil The other day I had a full on arguement with one small minded member of the human race who was willing to condemn all Rotties because of the largely exagerated news stories recently in publication. I read in between the lines on every paper because they never tell you all the facts, the most prominent thing being how the attacks came about? I have not seen recently any story which says that the child was asleep in a crib under the supervision of an adult when the dog leapt into the crib and savaged the child. They don't tell you how the attacks came about because 9 times out of 10 they were not unprovoked attacks at all, I can guess at a few reasons why a family pet would attack, pain being the most obvious. I once tripped over Zuki and she went for me, I hurt her and I felt really bad that my dog felt she needed to protect herself whilst with me, she shouldn't have to, I should have watched where I was going. Owners are the ones we should be pointing the fingers at, I know of a dangerous dog who's owner is so good that the dog will likely never come into any trouble. The owner knows her dog and knows situations that make the dog worse and would never be so stupid as to leave a child with it. I today in town saw a woman with a dog and a push chair, the dogs lead was tied to the push chair, so if the dog wanted away guess who was going with? Yet another dog owner with an IQ of 1 I know well what my dogs are capable of, I know Zuki's teeth can rip through flesh, so I wouldn't leave Zuki to play with my neice while I went and put the kettle on and pottered around in the kitchen, Zuki has put up with all sorts from Meg (2) her tail being pulled, being trod on, etc. Zuki has never even batted an eye lid but there is ALWAYS that chance she might have enough and attack. Huskies come up quite a lot in attacks especially over the pond but to me that says irresponsible owner not vicious breed. Sorry, about the long post
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2006, 03:18 PM
i have to say i don't let my kids play with any dog that could kill them eg any strong dog. how ever good my kids are and how ever nice the dog is. i just could not risk it