Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Flipspark
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2012, 03:11 PM

Worried about puppy

Hi there, I'm worried about my dog she keeps coughing and bringing up green/yellowish substance, she seems perfectly fine in her self just a bit tiered but she does have a strange smell about her .

I don't want to rush her to the vets if anyone can give me some advice.

Thanks guys
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Personally I would at least phone your vet (there will be a vet on duty even on Sunday) and ask their advice. Puppies can go down hill very quickly if there is a problem.
Coughing up green mucus can be a sign of kennel cough or a blockage.
Good luck and keep us informed.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Puppy sick---vets fast!

rune
Flipspark
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
I've phoned the vets, the said it sounds like a blockage as you suggested, I can't get an appointment till Tuesday tho but if she gets any worse I have to take her in. Right now she is running around causing trouble as usual bless her. She seems perfectly fine, but I will keep a close eye on her.

Thank you for the advice I will keep updated with any news.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Good luck, I hope that there is nothing seriously wrong with your pup - such a worry when they have problems.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I can't believe your vet is making you wait until Tuesday for a blockage, even if it is nasal......

Good luck, when you eventually get there....

x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I would be tempted to take her in tomorrow if I were you. A blockage could be serious.

I hope your pup is ok.
Flipspark
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Puppy has been fine all day so far I read somewhere that they can bring up yellowish bile because they have gone to long with out food so I have fed her two small meals already today and no sign of anything. I'm not passing it off tho shall still take her to the vets tomorrow to be certain. I just thought I'd give it a go, to check her appetite to and she still as greedy as ever.

Just checking in.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm glad your little pup doesn't seem any worse. In my experience when a dog has been without food for a while the bile they bring up is yellow and not green.
I would still strongly advise you to take your pup to the vets to get her fully checked out.
All the best and let us know how you get on.
Flipspark
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Hey after another day of pup having no issues I took her to the vet, he checked her over thoroughly I was very impressed. He said there is nothing obviously wrong he reckons she I need to feed her three small meals a day and try to stop her eating stones and bugs (but everyone knows its nearly impossible stopping a curious puppy eating everything in sight).

The funny smell I mentioned turns out to be a mild bacterial skin infection. So the lil patient is on antibiotics now and needs to keep away from other dogs till the course is complete.

Thanks for the support, especially Jenny.g. never owned a dog before so its nice to know I can come here for help.

Tar very much.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >