Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 09:35 AM

Giant cupcakes

I've had 3 attempts at this since buying a mould yesterday. The first one looked cooked but then the middle erupted - like a volcano - was pretty cool actually. (normals cupcake recipe)

The second one didn't turn out brilliantly - but turned out (Normal cupcake recipe doubled)

This one I'm doing now - triple the recipe and it's still not enough to fill both top mould and bottom! What is wrong with it!

Any tips/ideas?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Cupcake recipes often vary from regular cake recipes - I'd be using the latter for a big mould. Otherwise there are a few recipes posted online for use with these moulds, might work better - http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/...-giant-cupcake

This might be worth a read too
http://bakebakebake.livejournal.com/2320863.html
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Thank you - I did do a search last night but the only ones I found were for the Guinness world record type cupcakes - my oven isn't that big!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Does this mean we wont be having cake in class tomorrow if you dont master these cupcakes? Thats it, i'm throwing all my toys out of the pram!

Actually, thinking about it a lack of cupcakes can only be a good thing. I sat on the desk at work this morning and it collapsed under me, shooting pens and paperclips everywhere. The blokes in the yard found it highly hilarious and i'm now the butt (get the pun?!) of everybody's jokes.

Too many MaccyD's and choc cake with cream I think.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Does this mean we wont be having cake in class tomorrow if you dont master these cupcakes? Thats it, i'm throwing all my toys out of the pram!

Actually, thinking about it a lack of cupcakes can only be a good thing. I sat on the desk at work this morning and it collapsed under me, shooting pens and paperclips everywhere. The blokes in the yard found it highly hilarious and i'm now the butt (get the pun?!) of everybody's jokes.

Too many MaccyD's and choc cake with cream I think.
Nope no giant ones! The dogs'll be having their tuna and liver cake thought.