Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Oh don't tell me about his "weakness" thing! One episode he was working with a woman and an Aussie Shepherd, and she was so blown away with his mystical explanations she started crying. her dog reached up to lick off her tears and CM just said: "See, he's doing it now, he's taking advantage of your weakness right there!"

What a load of cow poo! How to take every little bit of joy out of owning a dog, and destroy the emotional bond.
I know I thought the exact same thing when I saw that episode. Call me wrong or crazy, but the dog seemed to since her distress & reacted to it, my own dogs to the same thing, esp Izze & stay esp close to me when they know I'm upset.

Dogs don't want to 'take over' when their 'leader' is in a 'weak state' (as cm calls it) they want to take.CARE of us... So is one idiots observation.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 01:09 AM
really the thing he does that just show how little he knows dogs is just sad

Not so much cruel as just crazy

I have seen him with an unconfident dog parade it past other dogs - then he loops the lead over the dogs tail and holds the tail up

see dogs tail is up - dog is now confident - fixed - simples

o.O
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2011, 02:39 AM
Oh yeah lol he says something about how taking the tail out is going to make the dog feel more confident or something like that. The tail position has nothing to do with changing how the dog feels, no matter how much you take the tail out, it doesn't change the dogs feelings imo.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Oh don't tell me about his "weakness" thing! One episode he was working with a woman and an Aussie Shepherd, and she was so blown away with his mystical explanations she started crying. her dog reached up to lick off her tears and CM just said: "See, he's doing it now, he's taking advantage of your weakness right there!"

What a load of cow poo! How to take every little bit of joy out of owning a dog, and destroy the emotional bond.

I agree, that's one thing I've always disliked about him - his way of snuffing out the joy and happiness of dog owning. Also the fact that he goes on tv and has celebrity (and expert, unfortuately) status, and yet cannot be bothered to find out about basic dog communication and body language and the fact that dogs also have emotions.

So he's dishing out wrong information quite happily, which is really not right. He did the same with a dog who raised its paw in appeasement. Said it was "dominance". So ridiculous.

Or, again, does he know, but does he prefer to pretend a dog licking off tears is "taking advantage of weakness"... if he does, that's really bad. Short changing owners and the rest.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 07:16 AM
......oops.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2011, 11:26 AM
i disagree

the former is an adjective which sums up nicely the skills of any good trainer, incl all those on here.
it doesnt have to imply harsh training.

the latter is a noun invented by JF specifically for her programme of repackaged ideas.

it is quite apt to view dogs in terms of energy, indeed, more so than operant conditioning.

dog savvy could quite easily become a sales term.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 11:53 AM
The video has now been removed due to copyright infringement I note.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
The video has now been removed due to copyright infringement I note.
there you go....
they haven`t spotted this one yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBKDkI5W0lI
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 12:39 PM
This one looks at body language which he just doesn`t get...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7HFs...eature=related
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
This one looks at body language which he just doesn`t get...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7HFs...eature=related
yes that was the first episode I ever saw with him
Later on he takes a duck and waves it in the dogs face till the dog finally BITES the duck
He then pssts the dog until she collapses on the floor, shut down and he 'rewards' the dog by petting her with the duck - the look in the dogs eyes she isnt v rewarded by this
Page 14 of 49 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »