Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 01:18 PM

Any good cake recipes?

I got a new silicon thing to bake cakes in, and so im wanting to try different recipes. I tried a victoria sponge the other day, and put chocolate chips in it... they all sunk to the bottom though I love baking, but im not the best... hoping to get better though

Anyone have any good cake recipes i could try?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 01:23 PM
This makes an amazing chocolate cake - I skip out the coffee, I forgot to replace the water you'd add to the coffee with anything but it actually gives the cake quite a gooey, brownie-like consistancy that every loves, so I purposely make it "wrong" now!
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3...ager.offset=60
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Ooh Lorraine's website - she has all sorts of yummy treats on there..The brownies - I followed the recipe but it came out like chocolate goo - tasted yummy anyway!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I have a lovely apple and pear cake recipe if anyone wants it? I usually do it as a steamed pudding in the slow cooker though.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I have a lovely apple and pear cake recipe if anyone wants it? I usually do it as a steamed pudding in the slow cooker though.
Yes please! sounds delicious! i need some dessert ideas
i have an ace chocolate oil cake recipe, everytime i make this cake it is always moist and delicious. It's a South African recipe;

4 large eggs
200g sugar
210g plain flour
50ml cocoa powder
15ml baking powder
pinch of salt
125ml cooking oil
125ml boiling water

method;
pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
cream the eggs and sugar and then add all the dry ingredients. Ensure baking powder is well mixed in and add the oil, mix well and add boiling water and mix in.
Grease and flour your tin (or not if your using sillicone )

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.

you can leave the cocoa powder out to make a vanilla cake and i add a teaspoon of vanilla essence.

you can make these as cup cakes too and as the mixture is quite runny you get loads of cupcakes! i usually use muffin cases and they are HUGE! - I bake those for 13 minutes - sometimes a few extra minutes may be needed.

enjoy
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys Those recipes sound good... the first one looks a bit complicated (for me ) but i am always willing to give it a go so will try it

SLB - who is Lorraine?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Got a good Banana cake and a muffin recipe , they are real simple , heres the nana cakes !

Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Got a good Banana cake and a muffin recipe , they are real simple
Oh please could you share it???
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks guys Those recipes sound good... the first one looks a bit complicated (for me ) but i am always willing to give it a go so will try it

SLB - who is Lorraine?
It's not actually as complicated as it looks. I tend to melt the chocolate in a pyrex bowl in the microwave - check and stir every 30 seconds or so, because you can burn it (which will ruin the taste and texture) and once it's nearly melted, add your butter in to melt too. I wouldn't have said it takes 5 minutes like the recipe says - probably 2-3, and that's my 800W microwave on medium. As that's melting, mix all the other ingredients for the cake in a bowl, then chuck in your melted chocolate/butter and voila. The ganache is really easy to make too, you just heat up the cream and sugar for a while then add it to the chocolate and stir until the chocolate's all melted.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Banana Cake Recipe as requested ! You can change the fruit , I havemade it with soft fruits in the Summer and thats real nice too , or add coconut or choc chips to the banana recipe.

4oz butter or margarine
6oz sugar (granulated, caster, or mix in some demerara, whatever you have to hand)
8oz self raising flour
2 eggs
2 large or 3 medium, very ripe bananas

Heat the oven to gas mark 4; 180C
Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
Mash the bananas with a sturdy fork.
Cream the butter and sugar together and mix in the eggs
Mix together the two yellow sludges you now have.
Mix in the flour.
Scrape into the loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes then lower teh temperature to gas mark 2; 150C and cook for a further 30 minutes.

Try to let it cool (turned out on a rack) before you devour it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >