register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 84 « First < 5 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 > Last »
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
That is a ridiculous and frankly a very nasty thing to say Pidge! You think that Gemma, or myself, as CM fans are not passionate about animal welfare ??

My two great passions are dogs closely followed by horses. I would never ever do anything to harm either a dog or a horse, and have been heavily involved in Welfare rescue etc. etc. with both species.
Whoa there cowgirl, no harm intended and no I did not mean that anyone who is pro CM is cruel to animals. I don't believe that. I was just trying to say (forgive me Becky) that ''some'' folk on here come across quite aggressive when actually it's just an interpretation of their passion.

Nothing more to it than that.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Whoa there cowgirl, no harm intended and no I did not mean that anyone who is pro CM is cruel to animals. I don't believe that. I was just trying to say (forgive me Becky) that ''some'' folk on here come across quite aggressive when actually it's just an interpretation of their passion.

Nothing more to it than that.
Yee hi Pidge !

Perhaps I misinterpreted your meaning, but the way you phrased it suggested to me that you were insinuating that Becky is so very passionate about animal welfare and is therefore anti-CM, whereas us pro-CM'ers are not, because we agree with his wicked ways!

All in the interpretation of course, and me, I misinterpreted, apologies for that !

I would like to think though that despite my passion for wolf crosses, the BARF diet, Cesar Millan, to name a few of my "bugs", I would never bully anyone. I really can understand where Gemma is coming from, and as I have said before, I think some of you guys need to apologise.

If I have ever bullied or threatened anyone in any way on Dogsey, then I too apologise. I like to think that I am a fair person, I respect others' viewpoints - even when I know they are wrong !! !!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Yee hi Pidge !

Perhaps I misinterpreted your meaning, but the way you phrased it suggested to me that you were insinuating that Becky is so very passionate about animal welfare and is therefore anti-CM, whereas us pro-CM'ers are not, because we agree with his wicked ways!

All in the interpretation of course, and me, I misinterpreted, apologies for that !

I would like to think though that despite my passion for wolf crosses, the BARF diet, Cesar Millan, to name a few of my "bugs", I would never bully anyone. I really can understand where Gemma is coming from, and as I have said before, I think some of you guys need to apologise.

If I have ever bullied or threatened anyone in any way on Dogsey, then I too apologise. I like to think that I am a fair person, I respect others' viewpoints - even when I know they are wrong !! !!
Have to say it, Gnasher, you are the MOST patient person I have EVER come across on any Forum. I've long given up with this bunch............................. Good for you that you stand up for what is right We should all be able to express our views without being constantly criticised, jumped on and accused of being dog abusers but, sadly, that is not going to happen here. You, I and Tink see CM for what he is. So many other members see him and see horns growing out of his head Others just follow like sheep and "bleet" what they hear their fellow members saying

Very sad that a member is leaving over the aggressive, intolerant behaviour shown by another member. I hope Mahooli is proud of herself. Tink actually held the olive branch to Mahooli, to basically have it shoved in her face! Nice

I don't post much on Dogsey these days! Got fed up with too many people trying to shove their opinions down others throats but I felt I wanted to post after seeing the way tinkladyv has been treated by some!

All the best Gnasher
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
What can i say, i dont agree. I have read studdies, by both people who do and dont agree. I dont go into things half heartidly, i do my research and as i have put on several occasions, im always open to new ideas and methods, a lot of which i have tried, but they were not for me or my dogs.

I watch my collie do the Alpha roll on a regular basis, to any dog on the park that shows a bit of aggression or dominance - legs in the air on his back, hes such a happy chap who wants to be friends with everyone and it has the desired effect, the other dog calms down and before long they are having a good sniff of each other.
Yes, that is an appeasement gesture - your collie is happily offering that to other dogs. He's offering it, he's not being made to take it.

The two are very different!

Dogs will often "offer" it

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
The book is a really easy read. It isn't too long, but it is totally fascinating.
I really do suggest you read it, so you are 'up' on calming signals before you watch an episode with the sound off...it is enlightening in many ways. I actually think you would really like it too. Turid Rugaas is one trainer who is very into having dogs behaving naturally...but she is VERY far removed from CM. I actually do think you will like her.....(although she does NOT alpha roll....)

Yes, she's an interesting lady and perhaps more "natural" which I think is what you tend to prefer?

She does have a website, (Ramble, is the website good do you think compared to the book? it's a while since I've read the book!)

http://www.canis.no/rugaas/

Wys
x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2009, 02:38 PM
As was i reacting to him.

But you are not a dog, and as such why practice canine behaviour on to a dog, when you are human.

Along with the fact you say what he did was Alpha role other dogs, well on thta we wil have to disagree.

The GSD did have the benifit of the above... he was used to being held close, having cuddles on the floor... all the things my child knows. He is a gentle boy and rolls around the floor with you. My sister loves this dog, has spared nothing for him. He is thriving.

IF such a dog is so amenable in other ways why need to use force to gain a simple request.

And not sure how the dog can associate his cuddles and play with an forced pinning to the fround...

I was not a stranger to him, we walk and play with our dogs and children most days.

Would this frightened abused dog that i have apparently created roll around on the grass with me letting me tickle his tummy?

The difference between you rolling around on the grass with him and tickling his tummy, to you forcing him down and pinning him, is quite obvious to me... if you cant see this, then I dont know what else to say.

Trust me i have given some thought to this, i have spent a sleepless night after all the comments on here directed at me.
But what you fail to have grasped is the true meaning of an Alpha role... it is not somethign that is done with teaching a discipline, it is done with intent to harm... (in the true sense of the word) by one dog/wolf to another..

But i have felt bullied by Becky and not just on this thread.
I tried to move forwards with her, but she didnt want to, im sure she is a lovely person, but that does not excuse threatening.
I to am passionate about animal welfare, it has taken over my life, so much so, i gave up work, i have been fortunate enough to be able to do so, with the support of my wonderful partner.
But as i said before i was shown another way to be, which has been so much more succesfull with what i have wanted to acheive. This was by a dogsy member, so wonderful things have happened here that have literally changed my life.

So whilst you may feel its OTT i just want a quiet life and i for a third time have been upset on here, so im just going to go with my new infomation and learn from that.

You know , you can always put your ignore button on, if you dont like the tone of other people's posts.

You have to remember, everyone is allowed an opinion, and when you voice such a controversial one (as you with the Alpha Role) you must expect responses... even if they are passionate.

What a shame Gemma - that you should feel so.

I have kept out of this latest diatribe, because it is just so boring, but I wanted to put my 2 pennorth in about the situation. I can quite understand how Gemma feels.

Shame on you
Mmmmmmmm, I did wonder why you suddenly went very quiet. I thought it was more to do with your insistence that you can stop your dog mounting an in season female with one word, when it became clear , and people picked up on it, you needed to repeat that word over and over again

That is a ridiculous and frankly a very nasty thing to say Pidge! You think that Gemma, or myself, as CM fans are not passionate about animal welfare ??

My two great passions are dogs closely followed by horses. I would never ever do anything to harm either a dog or a horse, and have been heavily involved in Welfare rescue etc. etc. with both species.

Sorry, but cant see anywhere where Pidge has been nasty..she expression an opinion, nasty it was not!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
But you are not a dog, and as such why practice canine behaviour on to a dog, when you are human.

Along with the fact you say what he did was Alpha role other dogs, well on thta we wil have to disagree.

But what you fail to have grasped is the true meaning of an Alpha role... it is not somethign that is done with teaching a discipline, it is done with intent to harm... (in the true sense of the word) by one dog/wolf to another..

You know , you can always put your ignore button on, if you dont like the tone of other people's posts.

You have to remember, everyone is allowed an opinion, and when you voice such a controversial one (as you with the Alpha Role) you must expect responses... even if they are passionate.

Mmmmmmmm, I did wonder why you suddenly went very quiet. I thought it was more to do with your insistence that you can stop your dog mounting an in season female with one word, when it became clear , and people picked up on it, you needed to repeat that word over and over again

Sorry, but cant see anywhere where Pidge has been nasty..she expression an opinion, nasty it was not!!
We've sorted the Pidge thing - my misinterpretation !

Jackbox, in your own words above, you state that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Precisely !! But this poor Gemma has not been ... pure and simple. You should practice what you preach. It shouldn't matter whether one's view is controversial or not, it is a view that one is still entitled to, and entitled to express it without fear of being bullied and being accused of all sorts.

I appreciate Becky's concerns over animal welfare, I appreciate her opinion that CM is cruel. What I do not appreciate is her bullying and aggressive ways to a fellow forum user who just happens to disagree with her. It is intolerable. Can you not see that this is just plain wrong?

Gemma is entitled to her opinion, as I am. Argue as much as you like, using your opposing viewpoints, but there is no need to get downright nasty and personal - IMO of course.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2009, 02:57 PM
We've sorted the Pidge thing - my misinterpretation !

Jackbox, in your own words above, you state that everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Precisely !! But this poor Gemma has not been ... pure and simple. You should practice what you preach. It shouldn't matter whether one's view is controversial or not, it is a view that one is still entitled to, and entitled to express it without fear of being bullied and being accused of all sorts.

I appreciate Becky's concerns over animal welfare, I appreciate her opinion that CM is cruel. What I do not appreciate is her bullying and aggressive ways to a fellow forum user who just happens to disagree with her. It is intolerable. Can you not see that this is just plain wrong?

Gemma is entitled to her opinion, as I am. Argue as much as you like, using your opposing viewpoints, but there is no need to get downright nasty and personal - IMO of course.

Nobody has told Gemma, she is not entitled to here opinion,

Where did I say she cant post a controversial opinion,, she can, you can, we all can.

What I said was dont expect it not to be challenged..

You yourself will make many a controversial statement, and are challenged on it every time...

If one is not up to listening to opposing views , dont voice them.

That is NOT saying you cant post or voice them, but dont take the huff when they are challenged.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 03:01 PM
"Mmmmmmmm, I did wonder why you suddenly went very quiet. I thought it was more to do with your insistence that you can stop your dog mounting an in season female with one word, when it became clear , and people picked up on it, you needed to repeat that word over and over again "

Can't be bothered to wade back to whatever point I need to go back to ... just to say we took Tai out on a bike ride along the canal towpath yesterday. We met several dogs, one who just happened to be heavily in season.

I picked up on what was about to happen, yelled at hubby to pedal faster, and whizzed past Tai, calling out "Tai Tai come".

Guess what happened Jackbox !! Bet you can't

And it took THREE words !! My my how truly dreadful. To stop an entire male mounting a bitch who was heavily in season (we found out later).

I really am such an irresponsible owner, having such a poor lack of control over my dog that it took THREE words to stop an accidental mating.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Nobody has told Gemma, she is not entitled to here opinion,

Where did I say she cant post a controversial opinion,, she can, you can, we all can.

What I said was dont expect it not to be challenged..

You yourself will make many a controversial statement, and are challenged on it every time...

If one is not up to listening to opposing views , dont voice them.

That is NOT saying you cant post or voice them, but dont take the huff when they are challenged.
Are you purposely being so obtuse ?

Challenge - by all means. That is what healthy debate is all about for goodness sake. How boring would Dogsey be if we all sat around saying how wonderful CM was.

CHALLENGE !! But don't be so nasty, so bullying, so dictatorial.

I cannot believe that you are unable to see the difference.
Closed Thread
Page 55 of 84 « First < 5 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 > Last »