Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Anyone in to Homeopathy?

I am really interested in Homeopathy but know very little about it and so i contacted a lady near to us that is supposed to be a leading light in her field. I have asked her for advice on how i can learn to use homeopathy for my family but also Delilah and Mailu the siamese cat
Does anyone know anything about it so that they could shead some light for me please?
thanks
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 07:58 PM
If you're considering homeopathy for whatever reason check very carefully the credentials and qualifications of any you seek advice from(no disrespect to you or who have contacted already) and also the fees, costs of doing so. It is an age old form of remedy/treatment but as with anything else the effectiveness n proof of such always questionable. What works for one may not do so for another, i did take a homeopathic remedy to change taste of blood to deter insect bites years ago(sorry can't remember what was now) before n whilst going abroad n came off lot better than others. Is something going at moment about nhs trusts using homeopathy(for humans).
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I. Is something going at moment about nhs trusts using homeopathy(for humans).
It's all to do with lookin after the person as a whole and not as a condition. Some gps offer this service anyway
ATD x
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I thought it was more a little of what makes you ill will make you better.

I have have treatment for glue ear and it worked very well for me.

There is a girl who keeps Staffords and she has had great sucess treating dogs with very bad skin conditions.

As others have said you need to check the credentials of anyone you take advise from
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
It's all to do with lookin after the person as a whole and not as a condition. Some gps offer this service anyway
ATD x
That is how things should be but very much forgotten and misunderstood very much. Health/medical care shouldn't just be about sending someone for yet another blood test, x-ray, scan, taking blood pressure etc n above all 'not acting on the results given' or passing on to somewhere else, often causing more stress already and finding out the cause of what's going. Think any one would be lucky to find a GP offering such n am very glad for those that do if help them. Please don't misunderstand me or take offense but am very cynical and in despair of health(lack of) care n think needs to be drastic changes made. Is no wonder folk turn to alternatives n am not having a go at you x sorry rant over x
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:09 PM
thanks folks, the credentials bit goes without saying
id like to know what people who use it have to say too and what info is key
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
That is how things should be but very much forgotten and misunderstood very much. Health/medical care shouldn't just be about sending someone for yet another blood test, x-ray, scan, taking blood pressure etc n above all 'not acting on the results given' or passing on to somewhere else, often causing more stress already and finding out the cause of what's going. Think any one would be lucky to find a GP offering such n am very glad for those that do if help them. Please don't misunderstand me or take offense but am very cynical and in despair of health(lack of) care n think needs to be drastic changes made. Is no wonder folk turn to alternatives n am not having a go at you x sorry rant over x
Personally I think people need to speak out more I get things sorted much quicker as I'm happy to speak out and get what I want. U have to stamp your feet doctors don't like to spend more money than they have too lol
ATD x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 11:23 AM
I use homoepathy quite a lot and as a first course of treatment with my dogs.

There are some excellent books out there by Christopher Day a vet and others.

Ainsworths do courses I seem to remember, it makes for very interesting reading and if you go on Chris Day's Site, Mark Elliott, Nick Thompson (all holistic vets which use homeopathy) and the BAHVS site (homoepathic vets) you will find a wealth of info.
chicky123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Hello,
I use Herbal remedies for my Acid Stomach.....
I have a qualified Herbalist and am very pleased with the results.....
I take a Meadowsweet mix.......
I also have Organic Apple Cider mixed with Honey and hot water every evening.......
I use to be on Lansoprazole 30mg one per day for years,but had very bad side effects......
I detoxed off those and went to the Herbalists,she took down my full medical history......then gave me a small bottle of the Meadowsweet Tincture to try.....
I can honestly say,my stomach is so much better,and with no side effects......
I reduced the size of my evening meal,eat an Apple on an empty stomach in the mornings,as an apple has Malic acid in it,which is a good thing....
As one always use to hear,an apple a day keeps the doctor away.....
I also drink a glass of semi skimmed milk with my lunch every day....lines the stomach...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Very nice, but herbalism is totally different to homeopathy.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >