Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2007, 08:45 PM

A river of wee!!!!

Now I have made an appontment to see the vet on Friday but just wanted to ask you all a question, during the day Shanook never wee's or poo's in the house but we do take her out regular but in the morning when we get up the wee she has passed is like a river it is everywhere and I mean everywhere. I get up at least once in the night and let her out sometimes twice I have never known a dog wee so much, she does drink a lot of water but just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by vickinicks View Post
Now I have made an appontment to see the vet on Friday but just wanted to ask you all a question, during the day Shanook never wee's or poo's in the house but we do take her out regular but in the morning when we get up the wee she has passed is like a river it is everywhere and I mean everywhere. I get up at least once in the night and let her out sometimes twice I have never known a dog wee so much, she does drink a lot of water but just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem.
I had this problem with my old springer spanial - it was diabetes!(? spelling!).
Better to get the vet to have a look.

Hope all go's well - let us know how you get on.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Has she been spayed?
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Hi,

We had a problem with our greyhound earlier this year, were she wasn't concentrating her wee, so was constantly doing it, sometimes without realising it. The vets couldn't work out exactly what was wrong but thought it might be Diabetes Incipidus, so gave us eye drops for her, which have helped.
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Has she been spayed?
No she is only 3 months old
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 07:28 AM
She's still a baby and if she's held on for quite a while during the night etc then it will be a lot. I'm always surprised at how much my poodle pup produces lol!
As long as there is no blood in it and she isn't straining then I wouldn't worry. After all what goes in has to come out at some point!
Becky
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 09:06 AM
I find a lot of pups do go back with their house training, if she's clean completely already then you've been very lucky! Flora is just over 3 months, sometimes she does have the accident and after holding it in so long, yes it's quite a puddle for such a little girl.

Good luck at the vets, but I'm sure she's ok.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 01:35 AM
my lab did that and she had several problem one was bladder stones which we fixed with surgery so get an xray of her bladder and dont let her drink for 12 hrs before you go to the vet so he can do that and the other was low estrogen which I guess causes leaks we fixed that with pills
shes all good now
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Thank you all for your advice I'm taking her to the vets today but.....I did notice something yesterday when we put her outside and say wee wee's she crouchies it looks like she is weeing but because she's got a lot of fur you can't see unless you crounch to which I did yesterday, and guess what she isn't weeing at all thoughout the day I noticed it when taking her out, also no weeing in the house untill we got up this morning and there's the river, she seems to be holding it in all day and letting it all out at night, I realize that somewhere along the line this is our fault if in deed this is a toilet training matter but to be on the safe side the vet apponiment will remain today.Will let you know the outcome again many thanks
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2007, 07:28 AM
aw bless her, I hope the vets will have some answers for you! Good luck hunny xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >