Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Breezay
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2009, 05:02 PM

Travelling with Sox

I would love to take Sox to the seaside - but he hates to travel. It's annoying because he would love to run on the beach & explore new areas to run & sniff..
Are there any sedatives or anything available to help Sox to calm down with travelling?

He doesn't like going in cars or on buses.. We've not tried him on a train yet - but that was how we were hoping to travel (We don't have a car)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 05:30 PM
My two are the same, however I discovered Dap!! The pheramone (sp). I thought it just came in a diffuser but you can buy a spray. You spray the car about 20 mins before you leave and lasts about 2 hours. I spray a blanket too!! Seems to calm my two down, a lot less dribble. You can buy a collar too if you are travelling on the train. You may find the train a lot less stressful for the dog as it is not as confined the the motion is different than a car.
Elaine xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I have the same problem with Amy, Diesel is fine on all kinds on transport but Amy hates it, you can try a Dap collar if you are not travelling by car, I havent tried them myself but would be interested to hear how you get on.

Good luck!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I never had much success with a DAP infuser but a spray may be better.
You might need to spray it for a few days before your trip, I think it might take a while to work.