Hope the weather improves for you.
Thanks! I hope it does too!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
Hi

I'm located in the Fife & Kinross area and was wondering if anyone on here was interested to get together to do a little tracking. It's close to harvest time so shortly there'll be lots of stubble fields, it would also be very useful if any interested parties had some knowledge and experience of tracking although we could always make it up as we go along

If anyone local is interested, give me a shout!
I do tracking with my pup - we've done the tracking square and progressing to the triangle - basics but you are welcome to join us if you want? I'm planning on working him tomorrow after i get some kip as on nights tonight. BTW the meet is at beecraigs country park near linlithgow on fri if you fancy it?
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
I do tracking with my pup - we've done the tracking square and progressing to the triangle - basics but you are welcome to join us if you want? I'm planning on working him tomorrow after i get some kip as on nights tonight. BTW the meet is at beecraigs country park near linlithgow on fri if you fancy it?
Doubt your pup will keep up with my lad on a track lol
Thanks for the offer but it's more tracking I'm looking at - my lad is pretty good on the search, he'll search the whole garden (acre) and retrieve anything from a biro or bottle top to a bunch of keys and usually within seconds. He's following my scent of course although I've tried to outwit him by throwing the article a distance and waiting a while before releasing him, doesn't seem to slow him up any though - he absolutely loves it!

What's on at Beecraigs? Fri will be tricky!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi Magic

Stephanie and co are coming up this way on their hols and are doing a stop off so a few of the scotland members are going to meet up - it'll be nice to put faces to names

The square and triangle is how you start tracking - it teaches pup/dog that the crushed vegetation = reward. The person teaching me is far better qualified to explain it as i'll only confuse myself. He has kindly broken it down into stages for me as i've never tracked before. Pup seems to be taking really well to it. Obviously i've no idea what your standard your lad is at or if he's done any before. Maybe see you friday?
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Magic

Stephanie and co are coming up this way on their hols and are doing a stop off so a few of the scotland members are going to meet up - it'll be nice to put faces to names

The square and triangle is how you start tracking - it teaches pup/dog that the crushed vegetation = reward. The person teaching me is far better qualified to explain it as i'll only confuse myself. He has kindly broken it down into stages for me as i've never tracked before. Pup seems to be taking really well to it. Obviously i've no idea what your standard your lad is at or if he's done any before. Maybe see you friday?
Hi,

Sounds like you have a good teacher - I do like someone who breaks down the elements of an exercise. My dog's at no real standard as such - very keen on a search and find but so far, we've done this mainly on home property. We've done a few schutz style tracks with food, (even with corners) interestingly ..... he appears to be much more interested in the tracking than the food, and he certainly has got the idea. So realistically, I've more been building his drive in this direction with the scent games - I'm looking to get together with others so as I'm not laying my own tracks and vice versa. He's crazy for it - howls like a banshee on release for a free search!
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2008, 09:52 AM
k9xxb,

Had meant to add to my previous post that I'm quite certain my lad would be more than delighted if the lovely Sasha were to join him for a play and a swim at the loch in Kinross.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi Moobli

Did you get throught to Lauder or is it next week? Did you get any info that was of help to you - or even find a training partner?

Linda
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi Moobli

Did you get throught to Lauder or is it next week? Did you get any info that was of help to you - or even find a training partner?

Linda
Hiya Linda

Lauder is next week - I will let you know what happens
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I wish I was nearer to you ...I used to do this years ago and really enjoyed it. I even still have the old tracking harness (part of me couldn't let it go lol!!)

I'm thinking of giving it ago myself just for fun with Marius, but it isn't as good doing it on your own!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
I wish I was nearer to you ...I used to do this years ago and really enjoyed it. I even still have the old tracking harness (part of me couldn't let it go lol!!)

I'm thinking of giving it ago myself just for fun with Marius, but it isn't as good doing it on your own!!
Ive had my leather harness nearly 35yrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanette
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >