Our sister sites
Our sister sites
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 10:39 AM

Trial and show

Went to a trial and show held same place this weekend

Now would love to show you pics and videos but cant as we arent allowed to on here as it is cold game being retrieved.

But in case anyone is interested I would be happy to show you, tell all and have a chat either by mail or on MSN so catch me if you want
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I do, I do, I do.....
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 10:47 AM
On my list J. You will see them asap (have them at home)
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Me too !!!!!

I made a bit of a break through yesterday ! Took the flattie to a Flatcoat Only Working Test, (couldnt enter though as other things had to be done that day) but went along to watch and hopefully pick up some tips and things like that. Had the dog with me and was told I was welcome to spectate quite closely as well even though I had the dog with me.

I was a bit nervous as I had him on the lead with me and not in the car, but thought I can easily keep him behind a bush if he whinges so he cant see anything, or just put him back in the car. Started a bit of a distance but gradually got in closer (to about 20 yards from the judge and competitor, were the other spectators were) and my boy was a different dog to what he was several months ago ! He was very well behaved for the first hour and was keen to watch but didnt squeak or jump about like he used to. He even laid down and relaxed !! This was not something that would have happened before ! Towards the end though when we were quite close and watching other dogs working and he was still watching he got more excited, other dogs had started whinging slightly and I quickly moved him away and I didnt want him to get the idea that he was allowed, but he didnt whinge in their company at all. So I'm very very happy.

Got a load of tips and advice as well so it was great day, even stewarded at the end so it was a lovely day.

Will pm you about your test amts
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Got your pm Willow. Sorry I didnt make it clearer that I didnt do the trial or the show. It was a novice one and a couple of my friends was there to do it so I volenteered as the camera woman
I just thought for those of us who like trials and maybe even shows it would be fun to see and talk about how we do it here, what went wrong for some of them there and why and all the other stuff us spectators can get out of others doing them

I will pm you asap on how to send them to you

Am glad you enjoyed yourself this weekend and very pleased your dog behaved so well. Its really good training for both of you and IŽm sure you have tons of stuff to tell about what you learned, saw and never will do yourself....So go on
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I do too, sounds like a good day out
Got some good news to tell you when I speak to you , but if we dont speak soon I dont know how much longer I can keep it in, so you may see it on here first .....im impatient too
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 02:34 PM
Think IŽve send to those of you who have asked

If I have forgotten any let me know
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Got it. Wow... We are never gonna get there

That looked great
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Its looked the perfect setting gorgeous,and everything in one place grassed area woods lakes, brill
Couldnt get the 2nd video to work though
Will have to show oscar them to show him how its done
Thanks for putting that together enjoyed it
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2005, 06:02 AM
J: dont say that. You may not think about it, but the things Luna allready knows and what youŽre teaching her now and in agility class is actually similar to what you see in the videos and in the pics

If you split the tasks up in small sessions youŽll see that the first send out is just like when you point out a jump in agility. Or tell Luna to get something for you in that direction (a ball, stick, whatever)
Second is a easy retrieve - only you do it with dummies now.

Third they send them cross the lake - another send out.
When in the right area they make them search - like youŽre used to in DCH.
Then its a retrieve in the water - and another just a bit down the lake.

If you look at the exercises one by one, they arent so difficult are they?
Or atleast not so frightening

The point is, the exercises we do can be put together to what you see in the videos and in the pics - when weŽre ready. Small things you may find boring to train or easy to do becomes great fun and challenging when you put it all together

Nat: Thanks. If you want to second video I can send it you by MSN without the other stuff? Just let me know.
The area is great - I go there a lot with Ally as it has everything you want

Have just send second video to your mail Nat
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >