Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 01:04 PM

18 weeks for beating a pup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-freezer.html

A cruel dog owner hanged his six-month-old puppy by its collar and then beat it to death with a baseball bat because it had wet the carpet, a court heard.
In what the RSPCA say is one of the most shocking cases they've seen, Craig Curtis, 27, strung Staffordshire bull terrier Bruno from his weightlifting bench after the pup urinated on the floor.
Curtis has been jailed after he 'went ballistic' and battered the tiny dog, then put its lifeless body in his freezer before dumping him later in nearby woodland.
Cambridge Magistrates’ Court heard Bruno’s body was found wrapped in blood-stained sheets by a dog walker who immediately called the RSPCA.
Officers traced the tragic pet back to Curtis, who lives in Exning, Suffolk, who was then arrested and charged.
He has pleaded guilty to cruelty charges under the Animal Welfare Act.
Sentencing him to 18 weeks in jail, magistrate Phil King said: 'Mr Starr [prosecuting] has described this as one of the worst cases he has ever seen and the bench must agree with him having seen the photographs.
'This is absolutely appalling. You are shaking your head and I think you agree with me.'
Curtis’ crime was uncovered when Bruno, a male brindle and white Staffordshire bull terrier was found in the woods on March 25 this year.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Change the title Sal its hot ! instead of the 1...

Cruel ******* ..
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 01:18 PM
that poor poor pup. I am glad he got jail but I dont think it is harsh enough - not just because I am a dog lover - but it is a huge worry that a guy can loose it so badly to beat a helpless animal to death
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
that poor poor pup. I am glad he got jail but I dont think it is harsh enough - not just because I am a dog lover - but it is a huge worry that a guy can loose it so badly to beat a helpless animal to death
I agree 100%. Once this piece of filth gets out of prison, he needs a very close eye kept on him. Evil.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I agree! That is very worrying... Poor pup...
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 02:28 PM
18 weeks IS long enough and I'll tell you why.

This thug will be beaten daily, possibly raped and tortured too by certain inmates.

Those who get jail time for abusing and/or murdering animals (particularly dogs and cats) are at as much risk from other inmates as child abusers. He will be very badly abused for the whole time he's there.

I agree that 18 weeks doesn't sound like enough in itself. But many of the beating this piece of filth will receive will be severe and there's a good chance he'll end up with life threatening injuries (assuming he does survive).
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post

This thug will be beaten daily, possibly raped and tortured too by certain inmates.

Those who get jail time for abusing and/or murdering animals (particularly dogs and cats) are at as much risk from other inmates as child abusers. He will be very badly abused for the whole time he's there.

I agree that 18 weeks doesn't sound like enough in itself. But many of the beating this piece of filth will receive will be severe and there's a good chance he'll end up with life threatening injuries (assuming he does survive).
Welcome to the karma cafe...there are no menus you get served exacty what you deserve.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Oh good
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2012, 06:31 PM
I hope he get some good beatings while in prison.
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-08-2012, 08:10 PM

I do hope so. Evil miserable excuse for a man.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >