Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 01:55 PM

2 Baby Rabbits needing urgent home....

My friend has just taken in 2 baby male rabbits (11 weeks old).
The owner is moving to a no animal house and took the rabbits in to PAH to be put to sleep
My friend has taken them in but cannot keep them. They have no ears - they were either chewed off by the mum when young or born without any. Ideally they would like to be rehomed together, but males can be difficult to keep together even when neutered so seperate homes will be considered if they are right.
They are free to a good gome. They come with a hutch but it will need replacing for a bigger one when they're older and it's slightly damaged.

Photos to follow - anyone interested or know of anyone who can take these poor little bunnies on?
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 02:00 PM

pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 02:49 PM
It looks like the were born that way you would think if they have been chewed they maybe all scrunchy and chewed how unusual!

Hope they find their forever homes they may make ideal house bunnies together but I don't think it would be advisable to keep them together after they reach maturity in
the same hutch.

Males can on rare occassions succeed in living together I used to keep a male rabbit and a male guinee pig together and never had any problems. Also had two male syrian hamsters living together as brothers and they were fine.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I agree the lines are pretty clean.. I would have thought they are inbred which has resulted in the deformity but dont know for sure.

Yes males can be tricky to keep together people do it, and having brothers makes it easier. Both must be neutered if living together and the chance of fighting is pretty high! The best hope is to get one male neutered, wait a while and then introduce a female..

I think as long as people understand they may not always be happy to live together there is no reason why they couldn't have the pair if they wanted

I hope they find a loving home soon, theyre very cute!!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Mothers do often mutilate ears on their babes. I had a dutch doe who did it twice (In the commercial world, she would have been knocked on the head!)

I will keep an ear out, I would offer, but I have no room here now (have 4 dutch, quail and hens!)
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Mothers do often mutilate ears on their babes. I had a dutch doe who did it twice (In the commercial world, she would have been knocked on the head!)

I will keep an ear out, I would offer, but I have no room here now (have 4 dutch, quail and hens!)
They do - its not very nice really but not uncommon. Hard to know exactly what happened here, I wasnt at work at the time, so didnt get the full story. So sad she took them to be PTS though.
The RSPCA wouldnt take them either

Thanks for keeping a look out for a home My friend is full to the brim with rabbits guineas cats and dogs. I dont have any room either sadly with cats dogs and rabbits already
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Is she local to you? I would suggest contacting A.R.C. in Twickenham if so, even if they don't have room or your friend would rather keep them in a home environment, they may be happy to advertise them on the rescue website.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Is she local to you? I would suggest contacting A.R.C. in Twickenham if so, even if they don't have room or your friend would rather keep them in a home environment, they may be happy to advertise them on the rescue website.
Thanks, thats a good idea - Ill run it by my friend
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Have you tried Many Tears??

They take cats and rabbits now :>

RSPCA are useless so I hear.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 07:13 AM
Have they found a home yet - I can cross post this onto a rabbit forum I am on if they haven't - my friend rescue's rabbits, and she has friends who do the same, I'm sure she'd be able to help?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >