Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Wow, the Highlands are really pretty.

I think Hali has it spot on. I do grumble about the cold, wet, muddy winters (and summers!!) but I do love the seasonal changes we have. I love Australia but I couldn't live there without the variety of seasons.

We're considering, now Canada is off the cards, a change in location and are torn between the lakes and Cornwall, two places we both adore. But one thing I love about where I live is being surrounded by quaint little villages, picturesque scenery and wide open fields all in one. There is alot of variety here.

We're planning a few camp trips to Wales this year though as I've only been once and love it. I'm wondering if it might be the perfect places; quaint villages, picturesque scenery and beaches all in one!!! Any recommendations for places to stay guys? We like small and unique/non-touristy (where possible ;o)
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Beautiful photos Misty and Hali - it all looks very familiar
I thought that when I looked at your pictures!!

I will have to find out where I am allowed and where I'm not, and see if I can go up on the moor and see what pics I can get up there!

x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

21-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Pidge, Misty-Pup, Ben Mcfuzzylugs - great pics everyone!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
I thought that when I looked at your pictures!!

I will have to find out where I am allowed and where I'm not, and see if I can go up on the moor and see what pics I can get up there!

x
Your in Scotland, you can go pretty much anywhere you want just so long as there are no signs saying you cant - or its right outside someones house
No treaspass laws!!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:44 PM
This is a really lovely thread
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Wow! Oh I am loving all these pictures! I am so jealous of the scottish ones in particular!!

It's not half as nice where I live, so can I just add my personal favourite Scottish view of all time (it brings a tear to my eye, I have it on canvas too)

The Isle of Bute. We reached the top of this little hill to peer over and saw 2 deer drinking from the water down below.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Your in Scotland, you can go pretty much anywhere you want just so long as there are no signs saying you cant - or its right outside someones house
No treaspass laws!!
I know I can, but because it's a grouse moor, and I am friendly with a couple of the keepers, I don't want to go up there and disturb their grouse or upset them in any way! I don't really know alot about grouse or grouse keepering, so don't know when they breed, are sat on nests etc etc!

x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Wow! Stunning photos everyone. I'm really enjoying this thread and now I want to go on holiday!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
I know I can, but because it's a grouse moor, and I am friendly with a couple of the keepers, I don't want to go up there and disturb their grouse or upset them in any way! I don't really know alot about grouse or grouse keepering, so don't know when they breed, are sat on nests etc etc!

x
Grouse start making nests and then ground nesting from April - May, so not a good time to be tramping around on a grouse moor then Obviously then there are chicks on the ground and we are told to stick to the main tracks up here until around end-June.

Keepers are a funny breed though so always best to have a word with them, if you know them, before wandering around off the public footpaths.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Some great photos so far everyone.

I am off to find some pics taken before I moved up to Scotland, and also my fave Highland ones.

Just hope my dial up connection can cope with this influx of pics!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >