Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Daily Thread Friday 9th April

Good morningeveryone

Another nice day here. Teazle walked, housework done and also some gardening. Got the lawn cut yesterday and must say it is looking a lot better now.

Hppe all are well. Stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 11:46 AM
Afternoon sue.
I think you have pinched my nice weather lol
Got booked for my second jab, going Thursday
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon all

Having communications difficulties with our solicitor to the point if they don't start pulling their finger out soon I am going to pull the sale from them and go elsewhere. Why are things never simple?

A lot less cold today. Enjoyed our walk. We have two swans now on the lake and it's lovely to see them.

Have a good 'un all x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Afternoon Sue, griff, Chris and anyone else to follow.

Goodness Chris tell me about it. Mark is finding it hard to find another car and today he thought he was onto something right near where he lives. Poor Lauren had to be dropped at work at 6 this morning, so Mark could go to work and arranged to view this car at midday. Within walking distance from where he works. Guy contacts him he can't make it can he meet him at Brampton services this evening.
This guy lives not far from Mark so goodness knows why he can't go to the address ? Marks not sure if he is trying to be helpful or it's suspicious.
We looked into adding him onto the Peugeot for a while but it will go up to £50.58 a month £30 + and we can't add him temporarily the admin fee for adding and removing him is quite cheap but they can't guarantee the payments will go back to what they are when we took him off. They certainly won't be less.

Keep safe everyone and try to stay sane this week I am finding it difficult.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 05:32 PM
Hi all I had my first one to one training session with a lady with a rescue border collie today. It went really well. Have you tried Cazzoo for a car. Bye all. Watching home and away then goodness knows. Still open all hours and Harry potter. Have a good evening.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 06:41 PM
Chris, they will use covid as an excuse....heard that repeatedly from ours.
Lynn, I think that sounds well dodgy myself, if the guy lives near to mark but is wanting to meet him quite a distance away....iffy!!
Pleased the session went well Brenda
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2021, 07:17 PM
The saga continues. Mark went to see it and couldn't test drive it as the guy had his son with him.
He has half agreed to test drive it Sunday but he does have a couple of others on his radar.
Poor Lauren had to be dropped off at work at 6 this morning. We have found some places that do temp cover and we can cover him for a week on the Peugeot if he needs it.

Glad you training session went well brenda.
griff meant to say I agree I cannot imagine Margaret will be up to dentist on Wednesday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Lynn, hmmmmmmmm...... could be genuine but it does sound iffy. I know when my dad needed to shift his cars about and hadn't got insurance on them, he used RAC temp cover, it's quite pricey I think if I recall it was £25 a day. Best people we ever dealt with for adding an additional driver, saga! No charge, just wanted to quote for home insurance which dad agreed to. Does he know what he wants?? Gumtree can be quite good, I got Steve's car from there and it's been a little gem
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2021, 10:42 PM
Well my blow up with the solicitor had the desired effect. Contract out to us which I've signed and will post back tomorrow and they've also sent it out to our buyer's solicitor so it looks like finally they have started the ball rolling

Lynn, it doesn't sound right to me either.