Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 09:13 PM

Raw fish incident

Today I found some salmon steaks which were a bit iffy at the back of the fridge. It was very cheap but still an over site of mine letting it go off. I put it on the side planning to cook it for Remus and Tonks. Second stupid thing I did was turn my back. .. Remus swallowed 3 whole plus some of the cling film! He then got a bad case of the hiccups and crawled on top of to Tonks and fell asleep! Nothing worse than noxious wind so far!

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 09:51 PM
sorry Remus - cannot stop laughing
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
sorry Remus - cannot stop laughing
Haha. You wouldn't be laughing if you had to share a room with him!

Just had three lots of squits in the garden so hopefully that means I won't be woken in the night to go out or over come by the fumes.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2013, 10:44 PM
It amazes me what they can eat without doing too much damage to themselves! My friends greyhound was something else, that dog ate anything, greaseproof paper was her fave (god knows!) and seemed to have a stomach of reinforced steel!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2013, 06:56 AM
I hope he is OK this morning and that you did not wake up to a squit flood. Is he normally raw fed? If not then possibly so much raw all at once could have caused the noxious fumes and then the squits.

Being a bit "iffy" should not cause too many problems - it just sounds like his stomach is not used to raw fish.

Typical pup!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

01-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I
Being a bit "iffy" should not cause too many problems -
Typical pup!
Are you sure, would you feed "a bit iffy" food to yourself, then why feed it to your dogs ??

Glad he is feeling better today, whether it was the salmon being off or it was raw, you will never know,
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Haha. You wouldn't be laughing if you had to share a room with him!

Just had three lots of squits in the garden so hopefully that means I won't be woken in the night to go out or over come by the fumes.
Hi He is probably feeling sorry for himself, My holly only yesterday nabbed a smoked mackeral with black pepper,and she was sneezing for quite a while,then went and laid out in the centre of the living room,looking like death warmed up,definately showing how hard done by she is I dont think,but no other signs crystalgirl
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi He is probably feeling sorry for himself, My holly only yesterday nabbed a smoked mackeral with black pepper,and she was sneezing for quite a while,then went and laid out in the centre of the living room,looking like death warmed up,definately showing how hard done by she is I dont think,but no other signs crystalgirl
Hi Just thought Gas Masks anyone crystalgirl
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

01-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Are you sure, would you feed "a bit iffy" food to yourself, then why feed it to your dogs ??

Glad he is feeling better today, whether it was the salmon being off or it was raw, you will never know,
The OP was going to cook it and give it to the dogs in any case - and many dogs are scavengers and will eat all sorts of "iffy" food. Unless it was totally off I would have had no hesitation in giving it to Pereg.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:12 AM
If you're lucky the next one might come out ready wrapped lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >