Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 01:20 PM

Query re reporting vicious dog attack?

Some of you have very kindly responded to my thread yesterday - the one about my brother's GF's dog being attacked in a local park.

Today, she took her dog, Lucky, to the vet. He had to have injections of anti biotics and anti inflammatories. He's also had to have a lot of fur shaven off to keep the bite site clear and free from infection. The vet has said we were incredibly lucky that Lucky is still here with us as it looks like the other dog was - literally - going for the jugular...

So my question is: to whom do we report these owners and their dog?? My bro and his GF did NOT get any details about them.

If anyone can offer any advice that would be greatly appreciated. I am really worried that another might dog might fare worse if it crosses paths with these vicious dogs and their moronic owners
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Report it to the police they have powers to act (contrary to popular belief) re dog on dog attacks and the dog warden.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Report it to the police they have powers to act (contrary to popular belief) re dog on dog attacks and the dog warden.

Many thanks SMOKEY BEAR, we will do just that

Also I take on board your very valid point in the related thread and have responded there too
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Has this changed recently then Smokeybear? They certainly weren't interested in doing anything when Cherry was attacked. They told me they would only be able to get involved if it was a human that had been bitten.
Dog warden was worse than useless too as all she could do was go round to the Rottweiller's owners and advise them of their responsibilities. I really don't think they cared as their dog had bitten at least 2 other dogs before.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Some of you have very kindly responded to my thread yesterday - the one about my brother's GF's dog being attacked in a local park.

Today, she took her dog, Lucky, to the vet. He had to have injections of anti biotics and anti inflammatories. He's also had to have a lot of fur shaven off to keep the bite site clear and free from infection. The vet has said we were incredibly lucky that Lucky is still here with us as it looks like the other dog was - literally - going for the jugular...

So my question is: to whom do we report these owners and their dog?? My bro and his GF did NOT get any details about them.If anyone can offer any advice that would be greatly appreciated. I am really worried that another might dog might fare worse if it crosses paths with these vicious dogs and their moronic owners
Then I am not sure you can report them to anyone if you dont know who they are,
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Nothing has changed..........................

See the following:

A 39 year old man has been charged after a terrier was allegedly fatally attacked by two Weimaraners. The dog was being walked by a woman in fields in Loughborough on January 23 when it was set upon and the terrier received serious injuries and later died.

The owner was charged with having a dog dangerously out of control in a public and in court on Feb 16 the magistrates gave the owner a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered him to pay £572 in vet bills to the terrier's owner. A control order was placed on one of the dogs meaning he must always wear a muzzle or be on a leash in a public place
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:11 AM
dont bother with the police they wont do anything unless its a human that has been bitten been there done that local dog warden and councel shame they didnt get any details wouldve given them vet bill if it was me as well!! but def report to warden they will then keep record of it
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:17 AM
As my previous post demonstrates, the police WILL take action, it is up to the individual to push for it.
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:32 AM
depends on the police force 99 per cent WONT bother spoke to an inspector she says they wouldnt do anything if its dog on dog!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Well you MAKE them bother, as it is the LAW, and there are plenty of examples I could quote.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >