Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Oh no! How will we stand a year without the sparkling wit and wisdom of the Fogle boy?
I know, its awful isn't it!!!

lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Other channels will take it up, but it will be for a lot less imo than the bbc pays. If this is the case I can see it having to shrink in size
It could improve the coverage greatly.

Look how badly the BBC do most things - football and motor racing are good examples.

They have improved out of all recognition since they moved to Sky or ITV.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
It could improve the coverage greatly.

Look how badly the BBC do most things - football and motor racing are good examples.

They have improved out of all recognition since they moved to Sky or ITV.
It may or may not do but the KC are unlikely to get as much money for the rights.

I disagree with the football and motor racing, Sky do better coverage with football but the bbc are head and shoulders above ITV with both.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Crufts itself makes a huge profit every year over & above the BBC, Pedigree etc etc etc who won't be there.

The NDTR won't be there, but only because of the huge cost of the stand each year & of course it generates no real income. Better for the money to be put back into the Register itself than into the KC pockets
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I am quite happy that the BBC has pulled out and will be utterly disappointed if another TV company were to step in.

It is about time the Kennel Club were put in their place and told that they can not keep on causing pain and discomfort to the many dogs bred to their ridiculous breed standards.

Good on the BBC. If I had my way the Kennel club and all it's higher management would be taken to court for cruelty to animals and, if there were any justice, locked up.

Starving the the KC of commercial income may make some people within the organisation see some sense and make them get their finger out and do something instead of just bleating that they are GOING to do something but never actually doing it.

Steve
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
According to the news item on the BBC website, "It is understood that the club was asked to ban "at-risk" breeds from entering only the main competitions including "Best in Show" and the group categories."

BBC Link
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
According to the news item on the BBC website, "It is understood that the club was asked to ban "at-risk" breeds from entering only the main competitions including "Best in Show" and the group categories."

BBC Link
Joe-Dees post No.2 showed this and gave an explanation.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
I am quite happy that the BBC has pulled out and will be utterly disappointed if another TV company were to step in.

It is about time the Kennel Club were put in their place and told that they can not keep on causing pain and discomfort to the many dogs bred to their ridiculous breed standards.

Good on the BBC. If I had my way the Kennel club and all it's higher management would be taken to court for cruelty to animals and, if there were any justice, locked up.

Starving the the KC of commercial income may make some people within the organisation see some sense and make them get their finger out and do something instead of just bleating that they are GOING to do something but never actually doing it.

Steve
Ooooo you do have your boxers in a twist don't you. So we should all do do our own thing when breeding & end up with dogs that don't resemble anything & of course no health testing is needed if you work your dogs(especially working gundogs never met a gamekeeper yet who X rayed or eye tested their dogs-yet the failures when sold as pets have a much higher incidence of HD & eye problems than those bred to the KC breed standards & health tested)

I have BC's & my dogs have been almost fully health tested(clinical eye test & two hip X rays for scoring to go) My two KC only reg dogs are DNA normal yet my bred to work ISDS BC is a carrier for CEA(CH) Interesting !
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Stevel View Post

Steve
Steve, it wont make a dying bit of difference to the Kennel Club. Incidently, the BBC see your "breed" as one of the ones they refuse to broadcast.

They all are:
Basset hound
Clumber spaniel
Dogue de Bordeaux
Mastiff
Neopolitan mastiff
Pekingese
Rottweiler
Shar pei
St Bernard
Chow chow
German shepherd
Bulldog
Rhodesian ridgeback
Cavalier spaniel
Stevel
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes the Clumber is one of the breeds concerned. However the Working Clumber Spaniel Society have been doing their utmost to bring the breed back to what it once was. A smaller leaner working dog.

Not an overweight, bad eyed dog with so much loose skin on it's head plastic surgery is required. Hips that have an awful breed average (how many show Clumbers have single figure hip scores on one side let alone total). That is what the kennel club have done for the Clumber Spaniel.

Steve
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »